Dressing question

Nic36

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Probably a silly question, but I'm not sure how I should be dressing my baby when we go out in the car... Normally in the house she wears a vest and sleep suit. Then to go out in the car I put a little coat on her and cover with a blanket. Yesterday she got really hot, so I am thinking maybe no coat in the car? And if you go out with the pram how wrapped up are your LOs?
Thanks for any advice! Xx

I don't put a coat on my lo in the car but would put cardigans on or something. Then of course a blanket. When she was little in her pram I'd put her in her sleep suit (she was in sleep suits until she was about 3 months old lol) with a long sleeved vest and a coat or a cardigan and a lighter coat and a blanket. Apparently they should always have one extra layer than us. So just think about what you would put on yourself if you we're lying still outside (don't forget we're walking and warming up and their lying still) and then add an extra layer :) that's how I did it anyway lol. I kind of blagged it as I had no clue!

Hey hon, Ariel also wears a vest, sleepsuit and jumper/Cardigan with a blanket but I constantly have to adjust this as he gets hot one minute and cold the next. Same in the pram!

I do sleepsuit vest and blanket in the car as the temperature can be adjusted if he's cold

I'm kinda paranoid about G overheating. Especially cos I like the car quite warm, so I tend to just have her dressed the same as in the house. So generally just a sleepsuit, maybe with cardigan.

Our house is really warm according to the thermometers, even with no heating, so we've not been bothering with vests.

Mw said its better for them to be too cold cos they'll let you know, but a hot baby will just sleep. Xxx

Thanks everyone! Think I need to get rid of the coat... As Emily was in the car seat in the back of the car I couldn't see how hot she was getting until we got to our destination, I felt awful when I saw how warm she was... :-(
Thanks for al the advice! X

Reading this thread, I'm thinking maybe I don't put enough layers on G. When we go out in the pram she usually has on a sleepsuit, knitted cardigan, a sheet and a blanket (both of which are doubled over to fit in the pram - so I think count as two layers)

Does that sound ok??

In the house Jax has always worn a shirt sleeve vest and sleepsuit since he was born. I bought a fantastic cover for the car seat from La Redoute to solve the coat problem. It is a lovely thick cover with holes in for the straps of the car seat. You leave it on permanently and just zip it up or unzip it as needed. I never need to put a coat in him, I just put a hat on when the car seat is in the buggy for walking. If its really cold and windy then I put the waterproof cover over too. The cover is also handy as if he falls asleep in the car seat I don't need to disturb him to take off a coat, I just unzip the cover and open it up. I would highly recommend it.

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Sophie wears a vest, top, cardigan and pants and socks and a coat whenever we go out. I always put her in her sleeping bag with a coat if we go outside with the pram and if it's not particularly cold then just her jacket but always make sure her head is covered.

Dw - I have seen those wrap things advertised - look very good, cos I always have to wake Emily up when we get home to take her coat off - the she won't settle again. Might have to invest in one.

lol so far i just put Lyssa in her sleep suit n vest in the car seat or pram with a blanket. i put a hat on her and take an extra fleecy blanket in case she gets cold.

These are them m.laredoute.co.uk/Navigation?action=Recherche

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Dw - I have seen those wrap things advertised - look very good, cos I always have to wake Emily up when we get home to take her coat off - the she won't settle again. Might have to invest in one.

I've just posted the link in La Redoute, the first one is really expensive but the others arent too bad. I'm sure you can probably get them at other places too, in La Redoute they are called travel bags.

Would definitely recommend, no fussing with coats!

Drake is generally in a vest, top and trousers, or top and dungerees in to house. THen I pop a jumper and hat on, and extra blanket if its cold. If its really cold out It's inside0clothes plus a snowsuit. Our house is generally cold so he is quite wrapped up inside. When we go in the car it is generally because we are going somewhere outsidey so no difference

lol so far i just put Lyssa in her sleep suit n vest in the car seat or pram with a blanket. i put a hat on her and take an extra fleecy blanket in case she gets cold.

Thats pretty much what we go with - dont feel so neglectful now. lol

Here's Jax in his...
58519f83-482e-adf5.jpg

In the day in the house we do a vest and some trousers and long sleeve tshirt or long sleeve tshirt and vest with dungarees ( I don't like having him in sleepsuits during the day, personal choice) in the car I pop a cardigan and his blanket on him and out in the pram a coat and blanket :)

Mummy to my beautiful boy, Orlando Ronald-1/1/12 @4.12pm weighing 6lb10oz

Grace wears a pram suit over her outfit whenever we go out unless it's really warm. Never done a journey longer than 10 mins though before being outside again so the car doesn't really get the chance to get too hot inside

To be honest I keep Angel a bit too warm. I don't dress her in sleepsuits during the day so she's usually in a vest, a tshirt, jeans or a dress with tights and I put on her coat (with a hood) and usually a blanket too. I realise this is too warm but I got so paranoid about her being cold so OH has taken a stand and said either just use a blanket or her coat, you don't need both so I started to leave the coat off if we were going shopping and just use a blanket :) hope this helps xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back