dressing gown

Gruntie2

Reaction score
is anyone taking a dressing gown in their hospital bag? i don't own one and was wondering if i should get one or not?

yep.. im packing one.. or getting one ready for after.. coz im expecting family to come round.. and i wanna look decent

Having spent stupid amounts of time in hospitals... I'd advise you to get a dressing gown.. sometimes the wards can get quite cold in the winter. Especially if you are out of your bed walking around, and have a decrease in your blood.. which you have after giving birth or having an op..

:cheer: I have a bright pink fluffy dressing gown too. But I'm not taking it cos I'm not gonna be in hospital long enough. :pray:

Someone can bring it if everything goes tits up.

emma28 said:
:cheer: I have a bright pink fluffy dressing gown too. But I'm not taking it cos I'm not gonna be in hospital long enough. :pray:

Someone can bring it if everything goes tits up.

Bloody hell we've got good taste :rotfl:

I'm going to get myself a cheapie new one from primark- at least then if it gets covered in unmentionables I can bin it. :D

i saw some nice onces at asda the other day for £18... might go get one of those

i would get one if its only for walking up and down the corridors, you dont get much privacy

I'm planning on a 6 hour discharge so i won't be taking mine. If i have to stay in longer then i'll get dressed. If absolutely necessary dh can bring it in but when i stayed in 3 days last week i didn't use one.

Alfie
xxx

when i was in hospital, 3 nights, 2 days, i had pajamas as well as normal clothes, but it was boiling so i wouldnt have used a dressing gown even if i had one. walking round in pjs all day didnt bother me.. i didnt care :)

fothers said:
I'm going to get myself a cheapie new one from primark- at least then if it gets covered in unmentionables I can bin it. :D
saw these to.. £8 bargain and they are wellllll comfy... mums getting me new pjs and gown fpr xmas.. and slippers :)

The hospital I am using encourages us to wear day clothes during the day and to be honest I work in the same hospital and have always found it to be too hot.

I don't see there being any probs in getting a cheapie just in case you feel you need it. Anyway, there will be plenty of time to use it when you have to get up to your lo one those cold chilly nights. xxx

I am mainly planning to take one so I can walk the corridors/outside during labour. Hopefully I won't be on long after :pray:

I bought a short fluffy fleece one in matalan - i love it!

i took one with my but in all the action the midwife dropped it in a pool of blood so i threw it away :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back