Dream Feeds..

I used to dream feed my LO when he was around 3 months. I would just pick him up and give him the bottle and he would take it all, once he began to drop the amount of oz he would take I cut out the dream feed completely. X

I did one with Sophie last night and I thought it was brilliant. She had fallen asleep downstairs so got everything sorted upstairs and she was still asleep as we got upstairs so I just popped the bottle in and she slept right through from 9ish till half 2 I think.

If you put a teat near their lips and wiggle a bit they will take it, sometimes takes a minute but they will drink it whilst half asleep

Ive never tried it but Leandro has fallen asleep half way through a bottle and finished it, but I find it takes him longer to burp. Is that what happens when dream feeding? Xxx

I've never done it and never would. It's just my preference but I don't like it at all and I think if they're sleeping then they can't be hungry or they'd wake up. Each to their own though, as with everything in parenting it's your personal choice x

I haven't done dream feeding but it seems to work for some people x

it works for us! emma sleeps 7 to 8am and i just couldn't leave her that long without taking anything! they drink it slowly so emma doesn't really burp, i just keep her upright for 5 mins afterwards. its a treat for us as she is usually not that cuddly but honestly she smiles in her sleep and during the bottle!

Ive tried it but harry throws it all up afterwards... As if he doesnt need ir/isnt hungry so it doesnt stay down

We tried it but she wouldn't suck so we stir her and she eats 5oz at 10pm awake-ish.

We did it until last week!

Personally I found it brilliant. We just used to pick Brooke up, pop the bottle in and she'd take 5-6oz. It always helped her sleep through from about 3 months old too. We stopped because we thought we were starting to disturb her and she dropped a couple of ounces. She's now sleeping 7.30pm - 6.30am without it x

I used to dream feed my lo if he didnt finish his bedtime bottle, but i then stopped, and justnwaited until he let me know when he was hungry!! Even if this meant him waking for night feeds until he was 8months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back