Dream feed

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Is there anybody doing dream feed? If yes how do you do it?

thanks

Ahh, the dream feed. I feel that was one of the key factors in my having jessica sleeping well quickly.

What I done was to put her to bed about 8 after a bath and a bottle. Sometimes awake but usually asleep. Then about 11 - 11.30 I would lift her, feed her and change her. Eventually I didnt need to change the nappy as it was wet. Most times she wouldnt wake but I made sure the lights were dim and the telly was turned down. I didnt really talk to her if she did wake, just wee reassuring noises and kisses.

By 3 months she was sleeping right through but to be honest I cannot remember when I stopped the dream feed.

Good luck with it and I hope you are having a better day.

Love
Laura.

Hello

Being really thick here but what is a Dream Feed ? Ive checked out Google for Tracy Hogg but for some reason I cant get into the site.

Could anyone help me out here ?

Thank you xx
Ragna xx

As far as I can see a dream feed is just feeding the baby during the night without waking them, so that they won't wake in the small hours and you get another couple of hours sleep.
I think we were doing that with Naomi anyway as she is sometimes quite hard to wake for a feed! She sleeps a lot during the day and tends to be more active during the period between about 2 and 5 am...maybe if we dream fed, she would be less active! *L*

Sue

hi, tried the dream feed wth my little on but it never made any difference, he still wakes for a feed even now at 5 months old! and he is taking solids too :roll:

I must be one of the lucky ones.....

I am still feeding Aidan myself and feed him when he wants all evening, which isn't too bad cos there are always people all over the house who can help, fetch me things..etc etc. He is normally awake all evening apart from the odd snooze and this is the time that between the feeds I let the children entertain him (gives me a break and they absolutely love this time) He gets sung too, cuddles, stimulated by all the toys, then fed again....pretty cool life eh.

Aidan then has a feed around 11 - 11.30 each night and then goes off to sleep and wakes around 7.30 - 8.00. This has happened 6 nights out of 7. Not holding my breath that this is it..weve cracked it...but pretty good odds !!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxx

dream feeds were the best things i ever learnt wen i had my first :)

And me - I need sleep!!!!!!!!! I get 3 hours a night, and not in one go either! :cry:

Hi

I think there's a bit about dream feeds in Tracy Hogg's Baby Whisperer book. I found this on the discovery website:

walshie
United Kingdom
7 Posts
Posted - 04 May 2004 : 12:31:11
Hi everybody, new member here.
I was wondering if anyone could explain the dream feed to me, and if they thought it worked.

c_goucher
United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2004 : 17:35:01
You feed baby in night without waking them up. You pick them up and latch them on or give bottle while they are still asleep and in theory they take it without waking up! I tried it a couple of times but didn't really find it that successful. Good luck trying.

Not sure if that helps at all!

Lucy
37 + 4

That sounds difficult, how do you get a baby to latch on when they are asleep, surely they wont open their mouth? When Ella is out for the count she will not feed? x

hi i learnt bout dream feeds by watchin tracy hoggs show "baby wisperer"
i didnt breast feed but she showed that breast feed babys can have dreem feeds too.
well how i used to do it was, if i new Dior was due a feed at 1am i would go to her be4 she woke and lift her slowly in to my arms put the bottle to her mouth and she would automaticly open her mouth and start suckin her bottle all this while she is still asleep then slowly lift her on to my chest and gently wind her then back down in to her mosses basket she would sleep though it all then she wouldnt wake till 6am. but because she had her feed while asleep there was no troble tryin to settle her again as she never knew dif between day and night n she seemed to want to play all night. but with the dream feed it solved it aLL

TRACY HOG WAS WKD, HER SHOW THAUGHT ME SO MUCH BUT SHE IS DEAD NOW :(

Thank you everyone for explaining regarding Dream Feeds. Aidan is still sleeping the night (cant really quite believe it) so dont need to do it, but certainly keep it in mind if need be.

Must comment Dionne that your picture with your little girl touching your stomach is absolutely a beautiful picture. What a special thing to keep when they are grown up.

Ragna xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Lucy,
Thats so sad, I had no idea she was ill. I had watched the programme but never looked on the website before.

Thanks again
Laura.

wen her show the baby wisperer is on now it always says RIP TRACEY at the end, so i gathered from that..

Hi Dionne

Is her show still on the television? I'd love to see some of her shows.

Thanks

Lucy
37 + 5

hi the shows is on discovery home and health channel on sky but its not on that often now as there al repeats. but the show is great she had a 100% record ov sortin out all problems with babies and toddlers she has a book out thou.

Thanks Dionne - I'll keep an eye on the discovery channel's programme guide to try and catch any repeats that are shown.

I've just bought her baby whisperer book - started to read it but wasn't sure if I should wait until wee one has arrived so that it makes more sense/I remember it!

Love your picture of your litle girl stroking your pg tum!

Lucy
37 + 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back