Dreading going back to work

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Before I went on Mat leave my workplace was already difficult. Since being off I know it has gotten worse. I'm really dreading going back and desperately looking for something else, just nothing suitable coming up really. I have to give notice at the end of January that I want to return to work end of February and then I'll technically be off on holiday for the following 7 weeks or so. I'm so down about it all and it makes me feel physically sick, but I have to work :(

i know how u feel ii want to try and find something else as its so depressing there

And time seems to be flying in so quickly. It makes me so anxious! Do you have other options Kellylou?

I had allot of trouble at work before i went onto maternity leave, a couple of the girls were really horrible to me as i couldn't do as much as before i was pregnant. i took Tegan into work 3 weeks ago as the manager and Other couple of women wanted to meet her and the atmosphere was horrendous! really feel for you Hun as i've got months before im due to go back and the thought already scares me! xx

ZMD I had put off visiting, and my manager has really caused the problems. I have been in twice now though and should really go back in the next week or so to discuss my options with my manager. I might be able to move to a different team, maybe have to wait for that though. I really don't know.

I work in a nursery looking after kids and were all in one room! i have actually told the manager im not sure if i can return, i walked out twice crying. both of the girls have had disciplinarys but it didn't stop them and they won't sack them as there running very tight on staff as it is! such a horrible situation to be in. hope you manage to work something out Hun xx

Hope they can move u to another team if it helps hon x x x

The only option within that area just now would be waiting for one of my colleagues to retire, which I heard was supposed to be September, but she's been saying that for ages. There have been lots of changes recently with her post too which I see as positive but she doesn't deal well with change. I had made it clear before that I would like a promotion (wouldn't we all) and the opportunity didn't happen because of funding issues, so asking for a change of area as a developmental step would be a good move. In an ideal world though I'd have a job closer to home and my parents who will be looking after LO, which is a higher band so I can eventually go part time.
My OH suggested that I go back for a few months and we try for another baby, as we would love more than one if possible. Doesn't change the work situation though.

I've been where you are and it's misery so hugs xxx
Can you do something like Phoenix Trading? I do that and love it. this time last year I was getting over a nervous breakdown caused by bullying at work (they covered it up and forced me out) and now I'm so much happier.
Definitely think what's best for you and sometimes that's a different job xxx

The problem is I love my actual job, I have a degree in Occupational Therapy so I can use that in other areas too. It's really the people in the team. If I can move team it'd be a start, I could move area entirely but there's so much competition for jobs just now. I need the security of the income.

Look to changing team for sure - sounds like it's the best thing for you. I'm sorry it's all a bit rubbish at the moment for you - if you ever need to chat just pm me. I've been there! Xx

Thanks Sylvie, it's been bugging me since before I went off. Just such a shame we spend so much of our lives in work, and at the moment that's the last place I want to be!

You need to go in asap chick and talk about your options as you say. Sounds to me though you know what you need to do. Plus if you do go back for a few months, get pregnant again then at least you will have an end date again to work to. Hopefully it will be a year back there at the most, thats not that long really, look at everything you've been through and achieved in the last year You're a strong lady, you can cope with the bitchyness xx

i feel for u cos im dredding goin back,

my hubbys bein made redundant on 31st march so i have to go back then, 13weeks sounds so close, i just wish i could afford to either not work or find a new job bt i cant find anything im either qualified to do or want to!

x

Thanks Katie!! Amy I'm sorry to hear about your husbands job, that must be really stressful! I've arranged to see my manager next Thursday so hopefully I can discuss the options openly with her!

me too!! I feel as though i've been cheated of a third of my leave as i've been in a cast and generally unable to do stuff because of my stupid broken ankle!!!
I'm seriously trying to work out how to organise our finances so i can spend as much time with H as i can rather than be at work!!

Oh thats great that you've got a date for the meeting, i've been meaning to ask you if she's replied yet! I hope it goes well and you are able to move teams x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back