Dreading going back to work!

mrs_bump

Reaction score
I'm back to work tomorrow after nearly 3 weeks off (1 week off sick, 1 week holiday and the Christmas break). I'm dreading it as I still feel awfully sick despite being on anti sickness tablets, I don't know how I'm going to explain to people why I was off or why I was in hospital and I'm just so tired all the time I don't know how I am going to cope with a 10 and a half hour day. I'm a nurse and seeing patients all day so can't even sneak off for a crafty 5 minute break! Sorry to moan ladies but I'm laying here in bed close to tears and so worried xxx

Dont worry hun!!! if it gets too much then maybe you should talk to your boss and tell him whats going on and see if he can do anything. i found that work took my mind off the sickness though so maybe it will for you too. sending big hugs, hope everything turns out okay xxx

Aw hun sorry to hear that. I would have a word with ur boss, and don't be a martyr, if ur feeling too ill to stay, go home! U get no thanks for staying in work sick. If it gets too much, maybe see ur doc again as u may need signed off work for a couple of weeks extra x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm the same. I finished on the 23rd and not due to go back until 9th January (I'm a nurse too!) but the sickness kicked in this week and I'm dreading going into work. Smells set me off really badly and in our line of work, those are kinda unavoidable :(

Oh ladies I really feel for you, please don't be afraid to go off sick I have been signed off sick for the last 6 weeks because of hypermeisis it's really crippling and as a HCA in an emi/ nursing homes I can't cope smells set me off (and boy can these be strong!) in fact motion sets me off so I try not to move to much.

Fingers crossed it'll be brief for you it's rare that it continues into your 2nd trimester (or so the dr told me!) take it easy, sometimes I think nurses are hardest on themselves! xxxxx

Hope you feel better soon! I'm a student nurse and will be starting my next work placement after the hols, and I'm dreading it! It will be nice to be working with patients again but will be so tiring as well as testing! x

I work up in theatres and my managers and the others i work with have been fantastic letting me have breaks and sit down if i need to etc etc. Communicate and they should understand, one of the nurses i worked with told us all at 4 weeks pregnant as she wasnt risking it with lifting etc x

Thats what I'm going to do, let everyone know, so I don't have to do anything out of my competenciees while on placement. Not risking any damage whatsoever which could have been avoided!

I go back 2 work 2mrw happy days NOT lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back