Forced back to work....

Hi girls - for those who are still working whilst pregnant - could you give me some advice?

I've been signed off since 5 weeks pregnant (end of May this year) due to complete exhaustion, bleeding, hyperemesis and now SPD. Me and OH have just moved out and are currently getting pittance for Housing Benefit as he works although is on a crap wage. We aren't entitled to any other help because we are either not old enough (working tax credits you have to be 25) or have to wait till baby is born.

So basically I am now being forced to go back to work for a couple of months to make sure we can pay our bills. We have so far been relying on his parents for money and mine and as you can appreciate, this is not fair on them at all, nor do I like being 'in-debt' to people.

Have you got any advice for me going back into the workplace whilst beign pregnant? I'm trying to find some sort of temp job doing Customer Service or Admin so I can be sat down and try not to aggrivate my SPD.

I'm sh**ting my pants about going back and scared I'm going to do something wrong to me or baby. I know if I get bad again I can be re-signed off, but I need to make this work else we're stuck!

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers in advance.

Hi Sami

You should be able to get a temping job - admin support is normally PC based and sitting down. I can tell you now it is uncomfortable if you have dodgy hips staying in the same position all day but on the up side there's no way anyone will make you lift anything and sitting still it's hard to hurt yourself or the baby.

Hope you find something
Louise

me and oh claim working tax credit and im only 20 cant see why you wouldnt be able to and the amount is quite reasonable to.

you should look into claiming incompacibiltie (god knows how u spell it)with that comes income support and with income support u get free milk tokens aswell :D

Do you mean incapacity benifit?
I can't claim income Support anymore as I live with my partner and he works.
I can't claim Incapacity for the above reason and also that I'm under 25 and haven't paid enough NI contriburtions so have to been signed off for at least 6 months before they pay benifit.
Can't get working Tax Credits as OH works and I don't, neither of us are disabled and neither of us are 25. Don't know why but they cirtainly won't give it to us!!
I was getting the milk tokens but that's stopping now as I'm not entitled to Income Support anymore.
Not entitled to Council Tax benifit as OH works (our C.Tax is a stinker too as we live in a village)
Get housing Benifit as I don't work which is only £44 a week, paid by bloody cheque every 2 weeks - so I don't get it for 3 weeks!

Sent my CV off to a few places today (Temp Agnecies) so hopefully should hear something soon - wanna get this work over and done with!

Thanks for the advice girls xxx

Hi Sami,

Have you been to Citizens advice burea? they will advise you on what you are entitled to.
I get child tax credits for Amy but other than that we cant get anything,
i am not going back to work after the baby is born so we will have to get by

The sitting down isn't great when you have SPD, i sit and answer phones all afternoon and i cant walk when i stand i am crippled, so try and get a job where your not tied to the desk

:D :D :D

Hi Sami :)

Just wondered how it's all going on the job front? It sucks that you've got to go back. I wanted to go back but didn't think that I'd have much luck with a bump - guess my bad experience with my last boss made me think that all employees would see me as some sort of liability!!

Good luck with it all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back