Downs Screening results not good.

timsmom

Reaction score
I had my screening results this morning and they've come back as high risk :( . I'm 36 so had expected it a bit really but they did say if there was a problem you would hear within 4 days. Yesterday was 4 days and I hadn't heard anything so had lulled myself in to a false sense of security.

I have to go for a nuchal fold scan tomorrow and counselling and if the result is still not good, I'll be booked in for an amnio early next week.

Has anyone else had this sort of result? If so what was the outcome?
Fingers crossed everybody please and I'll let you know how it goes. :pray:

Jenxx

i haven't sorry.. but didnt want to read and run, and wanted to give u these :hug: :hug:
good luck :pray: :pray:

i know someone who had high risk.. and had the nuchal fold scan and amnio and baby was normal..the screensing isnt very accurate.. i am low risk 1 in 32000 or soemthing.. but then i could still be that 1..

good luck with the scan.. i think thats more accurate.. xx

i did with my daughter now 9. i had 1 in 210 chance i decided to have a scan if that looked ok then i would not have amino. they pushed for amino but scan was fine and i declined she is bright as a button with now probs. yet my son 12 who tests were low risk as severe learning difficulites adhd and autism so just becos u high risk it does not mean ur baby is not ok.

my sil had her baby 2 wks ago she is 35 and was high risk 1 in 200 she declined further tests and her babys i s fine too. just rem of all those high risk 7 will have baby with downs and those in low risk 3 will have a baby with downs so odds are on your side. i refuses tests when i was having my daughter 2 this sunday and have also declinded with this pregancy.
hope all goes well at the scan but high chances every thing is ok

hugs and positive thoughts

marie
17+1

i'm sorry i do not know much about it. Will be thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My result came back 1/1000 not low... but not great either considering I'm only 28... But the nucal fold scan was fine, so I was much more happier in my decision to not have an amnio..

My sister who has downs, her mother had all the tests... and they all came back negative so she decided not to have the amnio in the end.. and well the rest is history...

So the only way to be positive about it is to have the amnio, but not to worry too much about the other tests as they aren't particularly accurate... they mainly calculate your risk factors... and probabilities.

If you want any info on people who have Down's please PM me and I will be happy to help you out in anyway I can.. :)

:hug:

i didn't have any other test for downs other than the nuchal fold - what else do they do? like squig i'm only 28 and my results were about 1:4200 - but i only had it done so i could be aware if there were going to be any problems. i hope it goes ok tomorrow :hug: :hug:

Sorry the blood test didn't give you more reassurance - I only had the NFT as far as I know so I haven't a clue about the blood test results.

:hug:

Im sure everything will be ok, I took the test just for self re-assurance, and my risk came back as 1:20,000 and I'm 36. But really its also true that they can be unreliable, so just about anyone can be lulled into false sense of security like you say. Lots of hugs, im sure it will be fine..! :hug:

I was 36 at the time of my triple test too, and the result came back as high risk - 1 in 150. My hospital didn't offer nuchal fold scans at the time, so I booked an amnio (I was completely petrified in the few days preceding the test, I wrote a little about it here). After the procedure I actually got the downs result the next day, with the rest of the chromosome results following around 13 days later. They all came back normal.

Good luck Jen, I have everything crossed for you :hug: If you have any questions about what the amnio procedure was like, please feel free to ask.

Try no to worry too much hun. The triple test isn't very reliable. I know several people who've come back high risk but everything's been fine.

It's based on statistical prbability, not on anything medical.

Good luck for the nuchal fold scan....... :hug:

My Auntie was told that her baby was at high risk of downs, but my cousin was born completely fine.

I hope the scans and amnio go well :hug: :hug: :hug:

My sister is 30 and had a nuchal fold test result of 1 in 8 - Extreemly high risk, she had the cvs and it came back negative. She had lots of scans on the baby as high fluid can also mean heart problems apparently but they were all ok as far as they could see. She now has an absolutely perfect baby!! Try not to worry too much - i know thats impossible - as they're not always accurate.

Forgot to mention, she had a nasty cold/flu virus at the time of the nuchal test so maybe that affected the result?? who knows??

Good luck honey
:hug: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies. I'll feel happier once we have the nuchal results. Will keep you all informed! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wasn't going to have the test but sean thought we should, only had it on monday, hoping all is ok for us both

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back