Downs Results?

C0606

Reaction score
Hello!

For all those who have just had the blood test for DS, on average, how long did you have to wait for the results to come back?
I'm being extremely impatient! x :wall2:

Thank you!
I'm up to a week now, argh! Just convincing myself that the longer they take, the less it seems to be in a rush, so hopefully it's all well and good! Wishful thinking at it's max. :) x

Just over a week, about 5 days went by and I was on here panicking and the next day it arrived.

It seems the longer you wait for results the better outcome, if there is a problem they will get I touch sooner

Thanks!
Can always rely on you lot to help ease my mind ha :) x

My midwife said it can take upto two weeks, but if your high risk you tend to get the letter quicker and they will contact you by phone answer. Not sure if this differs between areas though! I got,one yesterday 1 in 50,000 so low risk :) xxxx

i was told if we were high risk, we would get a phone call within a week to 2 weeks.
if not, then we were low risk and could get the actual ratio from teh mid wife at our 16 week appt. (which was about 3 and half weeks later).

Congrats Sammy Jo! :)

Ah mine was a quad test taken at my 16th week appointment and not arranged to see my MW until 24 weeks now I think so was hoping they'd be quite prompt with the results but nevermind! Hopefully it'll get a wriggle on soon. x

I waited around a week for mine to come and got 1 in 100,000 even though I'm getting on a bit. I'm sure yours will be fine! Good luck! xx

I was told about 3 weeks later at an appointment with my midwife. In my area (Kent) they don't send you a letter if you're low risk, but if you're high risk you hear much sooner.

Last edited:
Hmm maybe that's what's going on then! I wasn't even told when to expect anything or if I should expect anything at all. The only information I've read is what is the general procedure in Wales but on most things my area doesn't seem to following that, so god knows! x

Dont worry, i really think if high risk you would have been contacted by a week. I was contacted in 2 days from my scan last time with my son , by telephone as i got 1:9!!! My cvs was booked for next day

Hope you get them soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back