Double pushchairs......opinions please

mum2and1angel

Reaction score
My little girl will be 18 months old when this one is due. So we were looking at double pushchairs that accommodate both toddler and new born. We both fell in love with the bugaboo donkey duo. It's really expensive so I was looking at similar ones and there is the first wheels city double. It doesn't do exactly as the bugaboo does but it is a double suitable for both. If anyone has any advice for a double pram that's side by side then please comment

I have brought a bugaboo donkey second hand and I'm using it in mono mode at the moment! I'm due in April and cannot wait to use it in double mode I love it so much. It's my pride and joy! Xx

We have been looking at the second hand ones. But can't get the amount so that only option for sale would be to do it by mothercare payment system. I fell in love with it xx

I'm looking into the hauck double.

I don't have any knowledge on the bugaboo donkey, however I was in I can't remember if it was mothercare or mammals and papas, but I'm pretty sure it was mothercare. And I happened to notice that they did like a pay monthly kinda thing, luckily our pram isn't too espensive so we're lucky. But some of the ones in there were a lot of pennies and they all had this pay monthly deal, could be worth looking into? Xxx

I had lots of different double prams with babies 2 and 3. My personal favourite - The Mountain Buggy Duet.
It was ( not sure whether still is ) the narrowest side by side on market, fits through normal door frames etc.
Loved it. Easy to push and had carrycot and seat.
You can buy them second hand too. I sold mine on Ebay a few years back.
Now with baby number 4 but only need a single pram as my youngest is 3. I have bought this second hand - from experience people tend to look after their prams. Also worth remembering with a good brand like Mountain Buggy or Bugaboo they have a great resale value for when you sell on.
I sold my bugaboo ( first pram ) when was going for first double pram and got nearly 2/3 of the original value back.

Mrsbee we are looking at the payment plans to be honest in mothercare. For the one we want it's 70 a month which doesn't seem to bad if I'm honest. X

We have looked at the mountain buggy duet and was thinking of it thank u x

I have got the out and about nipper. I love it after having the uppababy vista which is extremely heavy. I think you can have a carrycot on but not sure about a car seat ! I didn't bother tho and just used to seat from birth ! Son's are 9months and other 2 now and still so light to push �� x

I'm a night mare as my other half says. I'll show him this one too thank u xx

I'm going to have a 19 month old and a new born and I'm in the same predicament! I currently have a bugaboo buffalo which I love but spend 1000 on! I feel sick about having to get a new pram.

What do people recommend? I think I like the flexibility of a donkey and the fact it's not too wide compared to some other doubles but I'm trying to see if anyone raves about a cheaper option.... Thing is my girl loves sitting in the stroller and watching the world go by... I don't think I like the tandem ones...

I have just ordered the uppababay vista. A side by side one would not for through my front door. Xx

I was looking at the uppababy vista, but then saw that you couldn't have it in tandem for under six month olds? X

Cherry iv ordered the baby and toddler one which comes with carrycot for the newborn. The carrycot goes underneath the toddler seat which is parent facing Will then have to buy an extra rumble seat when it is about 6 months old. Xx

The max is good because it's not too expensive and can be used in so many combinations. My son will be 2 just turned when my little one arrives so not sure how long he will be In a buggy so didn't want to spend a fortune x

Cherry iv ordered the baby and toddler one which comes with carrycot for the newborn. The carrycot goes underneath the toddler seat which is parent facing Will then have to buy an extra rumble seat when it is about 6 months old. Xx

Ah ok, I got confused as it said the carrycot and rumble couldn't be used together, but yeah it works the other way! Sorry! Might have to look at it again lol X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back