Dopplers

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I was gonna get a doppler at 12 weeks but one of my friends has given me her old one.

She says she heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks and said I should give it a go even though Im only 8 weeks too.

Can you hear it this early or was she just lucky? :think:

She may have been lucky, we heard from 15 weeks (with one that said from 12 weeks) and that took a bit of rooting around.

I'd be inclined to day to wait babe, as you may panic that you can't find it even tho its early!

depends how much of a worrier you are hun? i would drive myself mad if i got one if i couldnt find the heartbeat so im not even going down that route. might be worth waiting a few weeks as most of them say from 12 weeks and even then you dont hear anything for another few weeks.

Well its here and Im dying to use it so I think I will later :D

I wont be worried if I cant hear it, if anything I think I'll be shocked if I can!

:rotfl: :rotfl: Kirsty, your so funny at times...shocked if you do hear it!.. good luck doll. and please DON'T worry if you don't hear it ok? Don't want you stressing now, :hug: Lv Yvonne, xx

P.S, let us know anyway cause i know you'll try..he he he :lol: :moon: :hug:

I wouldnt be without my doppler, I managed to hear it the first time at 10 weeks.
It can take me upto 15 minutes to find it though lol
I have found that if i cant find it - i get up walk about a bit then try again - chances are i find it within a cpl of mins that wat :)

Good Luck but remember even a professional would struggle at 8 weeks. Let us know how you get on x

I'm like you - if it was in front of me I'd have to try it too!! Wouldn't be without mine now, remember a full bladder might help :cheer:

myst said:
I wouldnt be without my doppler, I managed to hear it the first time at 10 weeks.

What make is your doppler?

I am thinking of getting one but with it being quite early i'm not sure what type to get.

I'm meant to be 9 weeks this week but I think I am 11 weeks (due to not having a period since my coil came out), I heard the heartbeat twice the other day but very faint. When I bought it when I was expecting Jayden I didn't hear it till 15 weeks but as long as you just think it's too early if you don't hear anything. Go for it, keep persuevering (sp) with it but don't worry. xxx

Flame said:
myst said:

What make is your doppler?

I am thinking of getting one but with it being quite early i'm not sure what type to get.

Hiya

I got mine from here http://www.babybeats.co.uk/ they only do 1 make. It was a hire one, the deal is - if you hire it for more than 7 months then you get to keep it. I got it for my last pregnancy :) hired it for 7 months - after that it was mine to keep :)

At the time I couldnt afford to buy a brand new one, so this was the next best thing. I think you can buy this exact same one for around £65 from various doppler hire/buy websites.

I tried the doppler this morning and couldnt hear babys heartbeat, I could hear mine though lol!

I've been told that at 8 weeks 75% of women can detect it so I might give it another go later :)

What make is it? Some can hear from then but dont stress out if you cant and full bladder really helps early on. Point the dopper right above the pubic bone then scan it down and behind if that makes sense.

I got mine from e bay angel sounds doppler and you're supposed to pick up from 12 weeks, loads of us in 2nd tri have got them, they are great!
:D

The one I got given is a hi-bebe one or something. Been trying for ages this afternoon but still couldnt find it! Must be too small bless it lol :lol:

Mines a Hi bebe one too, I think they recommend from 10 weeks with that. I bought it at exactly 11 weeks and heard him clear as a bell on first go but as I said full bladder to push bubs up just the same as an early ultrasound. They're very sensitive and you wont be disappointed when you do find the heartbeat :D

Hi

I wouldnt worry would be great to hear it this early though.
I just had my prenatal yesterday and i was 7 weeks he said he wont try till my next appointment said its way early
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back