Having trouble with my doppler

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Well got my doppler and i cant keep up with bubs to listen to the heartbeat, i can hear lots of noise as it goes past and a couple of beats then it buggers off again seems to not want to play ball and stay still!

Anyone else heard movements but not managed to catch the heartbeat?

:think: :think:

To be honest all I tend to use mine for is to hear movements, and I don't do that as often now I can feel them all the time. LO doesn't move away from the doppler but she does kick right on it so that's all you can hear, even my midwife takes about 5 mins to be able to take the heartbeat! Listening to her movements was always enough to put my mind at rest and now I love watching her kick the doppler so hard it actually moves!

Thats what i thought too, i listened to bubs this morning and it sounded like he/she was booting the doppler it made me jump, i figured it must be the baby making these noises and not my stomach as it sounds like it goes past on rollerskates sometimes its that noisy!

Thanks for replying you have reassured me :hug:

I came to the conclusion that LO's don't really like dopplers so either a)move away from it or b) kick out at it c) do both a and b :lol:

I used to be really quick with it. Once I got the heartbeat I'd listen for no longer than 20 seconds than turn it off. LO would usually move away and kick before this so I took it to mean Bump was less than impressed. Other women said they found their LO's kicked or moved away also.

If you can hear movement and the placenta don't worry too much :)

Mine does this too and also my MW took about 5 mins to get heartbeat!

I could hear the placenta and movements a lot earlier than the heartbeat, and even now will get a lot more movement noise before I track down the heartbeat and then it will scurry off again once we've heard it for a bit.

I'm sure bubs is fine if you can hear at that swishing about! Not long now til MW will have a go to so try not to worry about it xx

Hello doppler-users

My sister gave me a doppler to use and it is brilliant but I'm not sure how frequently I can use it. Is twice a week too much?

I tend to stop as soon as I have heard the heartbeat for a few seconds. I love the machine for peace of mind but don't like the idea of radiowaves (or whatever) being zapped at baby.

Ooooh I'm such a worrier!! :think:

CorrieFan said:
Hello doppler-usersMy sister gave me a doppler to use and it is brilliant but I'm not sure how frequently I can use it. Is twice a week too much?

I tend to stop as soon as I have heard the heartbeat for a few seconds. I love the machine for peace of mind but don't like the idea of radiowaves (or whatever) being zapped at baby.

Don't worry too much. Twice a week sounds like a good amount as its putting your mind at rest and giving you reassurance. As I said above, I've come to the conclusion LO in here doesn't like doppler much and moves away from it so I don't torment the wee thing overly. As you start to feel your baby move more you will find you won't worry about the doppler anyways and go on kicks and so on instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back