Dont wanna Feel like a time waster! ** UPDATED **

gemmap27

Reaction score
I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow to check my Bp as its been a bit high.

Last night I was awake from 11.30 till 5.00 with strong tummy pains just below my ribs (not indigestion or heartburn) - Little one has hardly moved and I have had no kicks just a bit of squirming (if that makes sense)

I am worried if i go to the docs this morning they will think im just paranoid and wasting an appointment.

The pain had eased off but seems to be coming back! I am a bit worried to be honest!

My OH thinks it might be just that the baby was in a funny position - Has anyone else had this?

Ive had this - turns out the pain under my ribs was because the babys foot was lodged under there. Never the less, I still went to see the doctor. When your pregnant you never want to take chances. If it gives you peace of mind then go & see the doctor.

Im sure everything will be fine hun & it could well be what I had (babys foot lodged under your ribs)

I have made an appointment - its at 10.00.

I know its better to be safe and get checked!

She will check my bp and wee too and It will save me a trip to the midwife tomorrow.

I've got the same kind of pain this morning and had a quite uncomfortable night. Baby was very active last night though and I'm pretty sure there is a foot lodged in my rib atm...

Don't worry about wasting their time :hug: Especially as you were able to get an apointment the same day at 10! :shock: I called my doctor as I've been off work for 2 days with pelvic girdle pain and I took the first appointment I could get - 8.30am on Monday!
It's better to see the doctor and know that everything is OK than to stress or to ignore something that may actually be important. Let us know how you get on! :hug:

Just got back from docs. She listened to baby and heartbeat is fine but there is protein and glucose in my water (only small ammount) so she has asked me to go to hospital to be monitored to make sure all is well with baby, she did say that its probably not moving so much because its big, but I should get checked.

I have to go at 4.00 today. So have taken the rest of the day off work and I am gonna try and catch up on some sleep.

All is okay!!!! :cheer:

The midwives at the hospital were lovely - my Bp isnt high enough to cause concern yet, and the protein and glucose in my wee were low levels - but they put me on the monitor and baby was fine.
They took some blood to check for early signs of Pre - Eclampsia and I should get the results back today, but they think I am fine. They said the pain I had can be can be sign for it too - but were pretty sure that the baby was in a funny postition.

I have gotta see the midwife next week for another check.

It was very scary being at the hospital - makes all of this seem very real!

Oh and the midwife at the hospital told me that any more problems I can ring them direct and go and get checked again, and it was no trouble for them to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back