• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dont know where to put this!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i thought i might get more knowledge from u guys.

i'm pissed off with the pill, it can eff off! its messed up my periods since i went back on it since having millie- not to mention that i got pregnant on it TWICE now :wall: im not bloody taking it again. my boyf said we can ttc in the new year (if i want to by then, i might be back to normal by then and not ready for more babies) so dont wanna go buggering up my hormones with any pills/coils/implants/injections, none! and boyf hates condoms.

so thought its only 2 months til new year, we could try natural method of contraception (avoiding sex on fertile days, i think altho i aint done my research yet) and then when it comes to ttc we can just switch over and have sex on those days instead of avoiding it??? and if it fails, well its only 2 months early...

so what i'm wondering as i suppose the natural contraception method works exactly the same as ttc but in reverse (am i right?) so for the first 2 months when i'm avoiding pregnancy- and then later when i'm persuing it- my BIG question is:

HOW THE BLIMMIN HECK DO I KNOW WHICH DAYS I AM FERTILE???!!! :? :? :? i have absolutely no idea! i know they are in the middle of each period but is it math.? is there a formula to it? iv heard of charting is that something to do with it? what the heck is it all about please help i am extremely confused!

Basically you need to work out how long your cycles are each month and your fertile days are about 14 days before AF is due. So if your cycle is 28 days long then you are most fertile around days 13-16 or thereabouts. To calculate ovulation you can use OPKs and chart your temps, CM etc using http://www.fertilityfriend.com :hug:

The only problem that I can see though is that sperm can live in your for up to 5 days so even if you don't bd on fertile days but 5 days before you could still catch. The good thing working your cycles out now if you choose to use opks and charting etc is that if you do decide to TTC then you will have a good idea on your cycles.

Another thing to watch for when you are fertile is your cm If it is watery, or like (raw) egg white in texture then you are fertile.

Hi honey! You can use something like fertilityfriend.com to help you have a rough idea of when your fertile days are - it also has a free tutorial about how to chart. And yes, you'd just do the opposite of when you are TTC!

If it helps at all (WARNING too much information coming up!!!!) - I had to come off the pill last January due to medical reasons but we were getting married in December and didn't really want to get pregnant straight away and we had the same issue with condoms (hubby doesn't get on with them well). So, we just had unprotected sex and he 'finished' elsewhere (ahem). We had just decided to stop doing that and see what happened when we got the chemical pregnancy in October.

Really hope that helps or have just shared FAR too much info without good reason :rotfl:

Agree with babyblonde, been doing the 'whip it out quick' method for a few years and haven't fallen pg. Its not full proof though but like you said, if you did fall its' only a couple of months early.

Phew - glad I'm not the only one who's been using this questionable method!

babyblonde said:
It's ok - apparently it's good for the skin! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

we also use this method :oops: not so much fun in doggy position... my hubby can get quite a good range... it went in my hair and bizarrely on our curtains (I found it the next morning :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

monster_munch said:
babyblonde said:

we also use this method :oops: not so much fun in doggy position... my hubby can get quite a good range... it went in my hair and bizarrely on our curtains (I found it the next morning :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

monster_munch said:
babyblonde said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back