does this sound like mastitis?

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Over the past week Logan hasn't been too keen on my right boob. Then Friday I had a cold type headache.

I woke up yesterday morning feeling a bit achey, with a headache, stomach pains and a bit of a temperature. Logan refused to feed off my right boob at all. I expressed all the milk out I could in the shower and then he had a feed off it.

Today I'm not feeling as bad but still feel quite hot and Logan is still not keen on the right boob. My boob isn't at all sore or red but the side of my boob near my armpit and the top of my right arm are aching.

Does this sound like mastitis even though Ive not got pain, lumps or redness in my boob?
Im gonna see the doctor tomorrow if it persists.

i dont know , tbh u could see i had mastitus a mile away , i had such a huge red lump on my boob and a temp of 103 lol and i coudlnt move off the sofa !

Thanks for the replies :hug: Im feeling a lot better today so I think perhaps it was just a normal illness and it was just a coincidence that Logan went off my right boob at the same time.
He's fed off that side today, will just have to keep an eye on it.

That sounds like excatly how I felt, on Sunday I was felling feverish and achy like I was coming down with a bug, felt better on monday morning but declined during the day. the redness on my boob didn't develop until later on monday (my health visitor said the fever develops before the redness). I would go to the doctor and get it checked out asap because as soon as I had started the antibiotics I felt much better (had to go to the emergency out of hours doc as it was getting so bad)

Hope you feel better soon
J
XX

I feel fine now thanks tick tock :D

I hope you're better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members