Mastitis Still :-(

charlie84

Reaction score
UPDATE 12th Oct

Well i woke up this morning with pain again in my left boob. The pain had started to subside toward the end of the week so i thought that i was getting rid of the mastitis.

It absolutely kills but is now underneath rather than on the top of the boob like in the week. And it is very red too.

My antibiotics run out tomorrow so i think i shall book another appointment with the doctor as i would have thought by the end of the course of antibiotics it would have gotton better.

Was only given half the normal dose of antibiotics to stop it affecting my milk for LO, maybe it wasnt good enough though.

I will be so glad to get this sorted as i cant carry Calleigh very well and she keeps smacking me in the boob and it really hurts :cry:

............................................................................................................................................

I have woken up this morning with such a painful left boob. It is hard and hot and painful to touch :(
I immediately got Calleigh out of her cot and latched her on to relieve a little pressure.
She has been feeding the same as usual so hasnt missed any feeds so unsure whether this is mastitis or just a blocked duct. Did massage gently whilst she was feeding also.
But i am still in pain and cant lift her on that side or carry her for too long.
I have got a cold virus also at the moment and have been having hot flushes and chills so couldnt tell you if i have been sufferiing from these because of the boob problem.

I cant get to the docs today as i have no car and i am not walking into town in this rain with how i am feeling, do you think it is ok to wait till tomorrow to go to the docs for advise or not :?

And also i have fed her from the bad boob for her last feed now do i let her feed from that boob again or let her have the other boob as normal?

Thankfully i have found a friend who can take me this afternoon to the docs.
I am feeling like crap and dont know whether its the cold making me feel this way or not

Can't give you any advice on it hun but hope you get on OK at the docs :hug:

No advice hon as I've never had it - but good luck at the docs and I hope you feel much better soon.

Valentine Xxx

Ive had this a couple of times, very painful boob and feeling crap, shivery and hot sweats and aching body. Both times I have tried to get rid of it without antibiotics and it went within 2 days. Just keep feeding like you have been and massage your boob, I found a hot bath worked as well.

Just found this article that you might find useful http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breastfeeding/problemsandsolutions/blockedducts/
Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Charlie:) I thought it was charlie84 replying to her own thread :rotfl: I thought she was going mad!!

How did it go at the docs hun? Hope you're ok and they've given you something for it :hug: xxx

Thats mastitis alright.. :(

Try making sure you feed loads from the boob, rest a lot and put something warm on it. The docs will probably give you antibiotics which might make your LO have a bit of a runny tum, or you may develop thrush... So be on the look out.

Once you start the antibiotics you will feel better really quickly.

My sympathies go to you. I had mastitis when lil miss was only a few weeks old and I was so ill...but a few days of antibiotics and I felt fine again... I also woke up this morning with a really painful left boob , although its not hot and hard, just very sore. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls.
The doctor had a look and said that she thought it was likely i had mastitis :( As i have a cold virus too, I already have high temp and suffering from chills/hot flushes.
I have the classic sore swollen and red patched boob although the redness only appeared by the time i had gotton seen by the docs.

Been given some antibiotics, lower dose than normal as the doc didnt want Calleigh having a huge amount of it in her milk. Hope it clears is up because good god it so painful.

Calleigh has been fine feeding from it so hopefully that will help :)

Poor you! A blocked milk duct at the weekend was bad enough for me.

I hope you get better soon :hug: :hug:

Hi hun sorry to hear its not cleared up. Hopefully you can get some more antibiotics.

Dont forget to keep applying heat to the area, get plenty of rest and nurse as much as you can.

xxx

aw hon, i'm sorry it hasn't cleared up yet :( how miserable for you :hug: :hug:

oh honey, really feel your pain :hug: make sure you go back in and get it sorted, you really dont want to end up with an abcess xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back