Mastitis - what can I do to help?

Becky

Reaction score
I started off with a sore boob yesterday and assumed it was just a blocked duct so did the usual massage during feed etc but last night I started feeling unwell, feverish, achey all over and my boob got more painful. I took some paracetamol which helped a bit and have made sure Calum has fed well from that side but I'm feeling worse again now. If I'm not feeling better tomorrow I'll make an appointment with the doctor but in the mean time is there anything else I can do to help? Thanks.

i had this not long ago and i had to go to the doctors in the end and get anti b's.
But my midwife suggested the rugby ball feeding position as if baby just feeds in one position then milk always comes out the same way. She also suggested warm flannels over your chest to help stimulate. Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon............no exactly how you feel :hug: :hug:

I found a warm bath and gentle massaging helped slightly, but i would definately get down the docs and get some antibiotics. I also took ibuprofen as this helps with inflamation and i found it helped me cope with the pain a little better than paracetomel.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Lots of water to drink, a warm bath or shower and massage it a bit to try and help it. Paracetamol. I also found expressing relived it a bit. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: get to the doctors tomorrow mine just had to see the top part of my breast and gave my anti-bi's.

Cheers girls - I had another bad night - high temp/achey etc so got myself to the docs today and have got some antibiotics! So hopefully I'll feel better soon, its hard enough being mummy to a 3 week old without feeling like death too.

Big hugs :hug: :hug: hope you feel better soon xx

Becky said:
Cheers girls - I had another bad night - high temp/achey etc so got myself to the docs today and have got some antibiotics! So hopefully I'll feel better soon, its hard enough being mummy to a 3 week old without feeling like death too.

I had to get some anti-biotics and ibrufon off the doc yesterday as I felt awful, ached all over, hot and cold, sweating buckets and my boob and chest were in agony. I never realised how bad mastitis makes you feel. Hope you get over it soon hun. :hug:

Oh the sweating is horrible too! I woke up last night drenched in sweat and milk and boiling hot only to start shivering as I cooled down. It's miserable isn't it :( but at least I'm on the antibiotics now!

i was diagnosed with this today as well my heart goes out to you, god it truly is awfull. i''ve started the antibiotics now aswell. id be interested to know when u start feeling better? hopefully not long.
And i meant to tel u a couple of times, your picture of LO's is soo beautifull with the eye contact, first time i saw it i just stopped and stared, its truly stunning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back