Does it get easier to take them for jabs?

aramintalovegrove

Reaction score
It bloody broke my heart today when she had her first set, the cry she made was like a kick to my stomach, i dont remember feeling like this with my DS but Im sure its just selective mummy brain blocking it.

ATM I cant imagine how hard its going to be taking her back in 4 weeks time I felt guilty enough taking her today before I saw her reaction :(

Honestly?

No :( It doesn't get better. It's horrible every time, but, I do think they get over it faster than we do xx

Nope. My OH had to hold her during the first two while i looked away. Yet for the 3rd i had to go alone.
I burst into tears when the baby before us came out crying!

Oh god - I have to take her again for 3rd set next Monday and am dreading it. :(

My hubbys just as bad he took DS once and said never again as he hates needles.

GAh I will just have to grin and bare it then and buy pretty things after to make me feel better

I hate it so much! Tamzin has her 3rd set on thursday and I'm dreading it cos there are 3 jabs!!

It didn't get easier for me either but it was less evil than seeing him being put under anesthetic or having a wee sample taken with a needle through his tummy..they were more heartbreaking so the jabs seemed less evil.
Thankfully hes got no more until preschool ones now! don't worry they'll soon be all done and you'll forget all about them until the preschool ones come up!! just make sure you face her towards the nurse doing them so she knows its them whos evil not mummy!! lol

Personally I think it gets harder, not easier as they get to know whats coming :roll: Eden hasnt been too fussed about her jabs, so she has made it really easy on me, but I have to take Tyler for his MMR booster tomorrow so that should be fun :talkhand: Controlling a baby is one thing, you can just hold them really securely and they soon stop crying but a 3 year old? I am absolutely dreading it :( x

:hug: :hug:

It gets harder :(

And the 3rd set are bad :( 2 in one leg :(

I'm not looking forward to the 12 month ones and then the MMR @ 13 months

I thought it got easier tbh, i knew how she was going to react to them, it still hurts us both but at least i know how i;m going to feel before it happens. Last time she only cried on the last one and she was calm within a minute as i gave her boobie.

I'm just very glad she wont have any more until 13 months now, i think that'll be even worse tbh as she'll be old enough to really sense whats going on and understand more what it is

summer has got her first jabs tomorro really i am dreading it my poor lil baby :( did u give esme calpol after?

skyraaa said:
summer has got her first jabs tomorro really i am dreading it my poor lil baby :( did u give esme calpol after?

Yes I got a script for it and decided to give it her rather than wait for any ill effects just mainly coz I felt so bloody awful! Just the one dose though.

Hope Summer and you are ok tomorrow hun :hug: :hug:

thanks hun :hug: i think il do the same xxxx even the thought of taking my baby 2 docs makes me sad :( but then i think every baby has them so i shud pull myself together lol

ooh just realised our babies have the same birthday :cheer:

skyraaa said:
thanks hun :hug: i think il do the same xxxx even the thought of taking my baby 2 docs makes me sad :( but then i think every baby has them so i shud pull myself together lol

ooh just realised our babies have the same birthday :cheer:

5/10/08? :cheer: a day I will never forget :lol:

i tried so hard to be brave when india had her first set, and as soon as the nurse went out, i couldnt contain my tears......ugh, i have a problem about crying in public, but with all this hormonal thing going on, i feel so embarrassed, but cant keep it in :(

Im terrified to take her for the next lot in 4weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back