Does it feel real for you yet?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I was trying to explain to my friend last night that even though I know I'm preggo and have seen little one three times and feel him kick ALL the time, that it still doesn't feel real... does anyone else feel like this?

I don't know if it's because I'm a worrier and part of me is not allowing myself to really believe baby will be here in 4 months and 9 days (just in case something goes wrong...) or if it's normal to feel like it's not real until baby is actually here...

I just ordered some sleepsuits and bodysuits from Mothercare and I almost had to talk myself in to it... anyone else feeling this way? x

Last edited:
Definitely. Despite scans and a growing bump, I still forget I'm pregnant a lot of the time and won't believe it until I have the baby in my arms. It's a very weird feeling!

So glad I'm not the only one! It is weird but I think it helps me to think of it as day by day, week by week and those weeks are flying! 18W & 5 days to go - gulp! That's scary... x

I so know how u feel. Its strange he kicks me now and again and I've started nursery but still doesn't feel real!!don't think it will hot me until he's in my arms! X

I know what you mean re the nursery, the wardrobe is filling up quick time with baby things, the Moses Basket is ready & waiting, boxed up in the cellar, I bought a changing mat yesterday, the pram is ordered, we're getting the cot in 2 weeks... but I'm still like, is this REALLY happening to ME? x

I have phases i go through where i think the same as you Jen, is this really happening to me??? and then i go through a phase where i'm so excited i talk about it for ages to anyone who will listen. When i don't feel her for a while i start to forget a little, then i feel something funny in my tummy, like she's turning, and about half a minute later she starts kicking away, it makes me smile though, i think of it like she's woken up :) hehe. But definetely...things will get so much more real when shes here, can't wait!!xxx

no way does it feel real yet which sounds so silly seeing as i look about 8 months gone already aha. I feel baby moving and kicking all night and ive got my gender scan next week. It just seems so surreal that in a few meer months im going to be someone else's mum and i dont think it has fully sunk in yet.

I can't feel kicks or anything yet, so really really doesn't feel real. Apart from the scan pics, and a teeny bump, and loss of appetite...It's all very surreal!

It still feels surreal to me . I've yet to start getting organised or anything , and although im soooo excited it just seems like something that might never happen .

It still feels surreal to me . I've yet to start getting organised or anything , and although im soooo excited it just seems like something that might never happen .

Tinytoes that is exactly it!

Found myself having a massive sob in the kitchen earlier, just from nowhere I was actually choking out sobs. Sometimes it feels so overwhelming and amazing, mixed with the fact that it could all be taken away in a second and I think "I wouldn't cope" if something did happen - it's silly really, I'm 21 weeks preggers, baby is healthy, scans are all fine, no bleeding - it's been textbook but I get so consumed by all my emotions and hormones and it all got a bit much earlier! Feel a bit silly now, but hey ho if you can't sob in your kitchen for no reason when your preggo, then when can you? ;-)

I felt like this during my last pregnancy too . Its easy to get caught up in your emotions , but at the end of it you WILL have a beautiful baby :hugs: , but nothing beats a good cry sometime , it really helps me get it out of my system .

I felt like this during my last pregnancy too . Its easy to get caught up in your emotions , but at the end of it you WILL have a beautiful baby :hugs: , but nothing beats a good cry sometime , it really helps me get it out of my system .

It may just be because it is my first that I feel this way, as alot of it is the unknown I guess. All this emotion TTC and it doesn't get any better during pregnancy :roll: xx

You'll have you little baby in your arms before you know it , I keep telling myself that :) and remember if your ever really anxious to book a check up , I was so wound up that my G.P was happy to listen to the heartbeat for me often .

You'll have you little baby in your arms before you know it , I keep telling myself that :) and remember if your ever really anxious to book a check up , I was so wound up that my G.P was happy to listen to the heartbeat for me often .

Thanks for such lovely & reassuring words :) x

i feel exactly the same, it feels so strange, i just cant wait till shes hear now x

I know exactly what you mean, I still can't imagine myself actually having a baby! I think I just think I'm going to be pregnant forever :lol:

I find it really hard not to worry about things going wrong too, I suppose that's just natural though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back