• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Breastfeeding mean you keep your hormone levels high?

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just a funnny question - If you breastfeed after pregnancy, do you keep high levels of hormones or do any hormones from pregnancy carry on in your system until you stop BF?

Just asking as since I had Devon, I am still very easily emotional, like when I was preggers - but mostly like I will get proud of people in soaps, or find sad adverts hard to watch, or blub in school plays. I watched the secret milionaire last night, and cried when anyone cried in it....... my oh thinks it's funny, but I would rather pull myself together a little more, especially when in public, eg school play etc!!!

JJ

Last edited:
Can't it keep periods away in some people? It must affect hormones in some way if it can do that I reckon. No good having you blubbing in public though :lol: Hopefully someone who actually knows will come along!

It does involve hormones - it's what stops period and why you can't have certain contraceptive pills. No idea which hormones or how much they effect mood but I have to admit that I too am more emotional than pre-pregnancy.

Not sure hun, I'm not breastfeeding and watching anything remotely sad on tv turns me into a blubbering mess!

I'm breastfeeding still and the "thanks mum" advert by proctor and gamble (pampers) makes me cry. You know the one where the mum isn't in the photos, but she's like oxygen etc.

I think it does, I went Holland & Barrett yesterday and bought some Agnus Castus. Somebody on here said they sell something to help reduce hair loss after pregnancy and the woman in H&B said it's Agnus Castus and that it helps regulate hormones. She said ppl even use it TTC because it helps regulate them so well!!!

Took first dose today so fingers crossed I'll be noticing a difference in a couple of weeks.

xxx

I'm breastfeeding still and the "thanks mum" advert by proctor and gamble (pampers) makes me cry. You know the one where the mum isn't in the photos, but she's like oxygen etc.

Your right, I sooo no the advert - has the same effect on me, makes you feel all proud and gooey by the end as you are always behind the camera as a mum....:lol:

Last edited:
I think it does, I went Holland & Barrett yesterday and bought some Agnus Castus. Somebody on here said they sell something to help reduce hair loss after pregnancy and the woman in H&B said it's Agnus Castus and that it helps regulate hormones. She said ppl even use it TTC because it helps regulate them so well!!!

Took first dose today so fingers crossed I'll be noticing a difference in a couple of weeks.

xxx

Oh wow,clever - fingers crossed it helps you Maria :dance:

Can't it keep periods away in some people? It must affect hormones in some way if it can do that I reckon. No good having you blubbing in public though :lol: Hopefully someone who actually knows will come along!

Thanks , yes I have not started my periods yet since having Devon, so maybee all linked , or maybee since we have babies we just turn into gooeyy woosies!

xxx

Oh wow,clever - fingers crossed it helps you Maria :dance:

Thank you JJMum, am keeping it all crossed here too lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen