• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone have to work....

Sage

Reaction score
over xmas?

Im gutted! :( ok i dont have to work xmas day or boxing day but i have to work 7.50 til 2pm xmas eve and straight back in monday 7.50 until 5.30! wish i could have more time off as its LO's first xmas plus OH has from xmas eve until the 9th of jan off! I dont wanna say anything to him but i think the green eyed monster is brewing up :( :shhh:

8 - 4 on xmas eve - but its my last working day till i start my matt leave.

I booked new years off in jan :lol:

My OH is self employed and he has decided that he is going to stop on the 19th :(

iv gotta work on xmas even until about 7pm ish then off till 2nd jan, whats point in going back on friday? i just dont get it lol :(

i just want longer break lol :D

OH has got to work xmas day but hopefully only till about 12

My OH has to work - he's on nights so will sleep the days away :(
He is working Christmas Eve, Christmas day, Boxing day, New year's Eve and every holiday in the forseeable future :cry:

Maybe that is why i just cannot find my Christmas spirit...I have looked everywhere!

Lisa

I have to work Boxing Day.

9-5.

Blooming Ambulance Service......can people not just stay well over Chrimbo?!?!?

Kev is at work Christmas Eve, has Christmas Day and Boxing Day off then back at work on the Saturday.

im away from the 19th to the 22nd, in the tuesday and wednesday (xmas eve) till officially 4:30 but with me not being there for so long i dunno what time we are actually going. Off xmas day and boxing day, then in monday till 4:30 new years eve (officially) then off new years day (BIRTHDAY :D) back friday the 2nd all old and what not lol

LaineyG said:

9-5.

Are you busier this time of year?

This is the FIRST year in my working life (12 years) I haven't had to work over the Xmas/new year period and neither has my DH. We are really going to make the most of the week off.

im working xmas eve, 29th and 30th
cant complain, first year as a qualified nurse i worked 13 hour shifts on christams eve, christmas day and boxing day- that was evil!

I only have a 5 hour shift on xmas eve, 12-5, then I'm off for a while, not sure how long though.

My DH works for Next he has to work 9.30-6.30 xmas eve, he has xmas day and boxing day off then he is back the 27th 11-8 for the sale.

He hates only having 2 days off at xmas he loves being at home with the kids and it goes way to quick. We are quite pleased this year tho as he usually has o work untill 9pm on xmas eve to get all the sale stuff ready for the 27th but he's not this year.

Hazel said:
LaineyG said:

9-5.

Are you busier this time of year?

This is the FIRST year in my working life (12 years) I haven't had to work over the Xmas/new year period and neither has my DH. We are really going to make the most of the week off.

Yip! Not so much the routine stuff, but you'd be amazed at the number of people who look out their windows, say "Oh it looks REALLY icy out there!" and then proceed to walk to the shop, fall on the ice and break ankle/wrist/leg/collar bone/skull!

And the number of people who pop their cloggs during their christmas dinner is scary!

Allans last day is Dec 22nd and doesnt go back until 2nd Jan, i dont work at the moment :cheer: so we are off to spend xmas in Spain for 5 days, after that we will drive my car back to Holland where we will stop off in Paris on the way for my birthday on the 28th (OH wanted it to be a surprise but he couldnt help himself by telling me!) I worked for NEXT at Head Office, for nearly 10 years and always worked over xmas (New Years Day, 12 hour shifts and all sorts) so i deserve a break (says she who has worked for a total of 9 months in the last 3 years! lol)

I'm working 23rd 8-4, 24th 8-4, 29th 8-4, 30th 8-4, 31st 8-4, then back on 2nd jan :roll:

I worked xmas day last year. Was pants!

Obv I'm not working but OH is working 23rd then again on boxing day. He has new years eve and new years day off :)

I don't have to work this year :dance: my dh has to work xmas eve though and will get xmas day and boxing day then back to work again.

Im at work christmas eve 5.15am till about 1 (might be till 5pm) christmas day and boxing day off then back to work on sat at 4.45am :wall: :wall:

Same every year

I have got christmas off in 2010 (my turn) first time ever while working at Royalmail :D

i'm a nurse so it is part of my job but thankfully am part time so i'm working christmas eve night 7.30pm til 8 am christmas morning so it could be worse hoping to sleep xmas morning and get up and have a nice xmas evening with my lovely family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back