• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone get job seekers allowance?

laetitia85

Reaction score
I've just checked the webiste for info on job seekers allowance, and it looks like i could be entitled to it.

But there are a few things that I don't understand:

Do you have to prove that you are actively looking for a job? i.e. go on regular job interviews etc?

How do they check that you've been actively looking for work?

thanx :wink:

i think you do have to be actively looking for work and you have to prove that to them.

When you sign on every fortnight you have to show evidence of your job search, which could be application forms, interview letters etc. But there are ways of blagging it of you're bare faced enough :lol:

As someone who works with jobseekers, some genuine and some who are playing the system, it gets my back up when people claim it who aren't genuinely looking for work. :roll:

I thought you couldnt claim job seekers if you have a child, i thought they just put you on income support and tell you to look for a job whilst on that.
I know my friend wasn't able to claim jobseekers and instead they offered her income support.

Not sure though, maybe give the jobcentre a ring.

MissSara said:
I thought you couldnt claim job seekers if you have a child, i thought they just put you on income support and tell you to look for a job whilst on that.
I know my friend wasn't able to claim jobseekers and instead they offered her income support.

Not sure though, maybe give the jobcentre a ring.

I did give them a ring this morning, and they told me to call back next week when my maternity allowance officially ends.

Also, I'm not entitled to income support because my husband earns quite a lot. But he has his own bills and loans to pay back, so really, without sounding too greedy, I could do with some financial help :oops:

Are you claiming all your tax credits hon? They can add up to quite a bit.

Minxy said:
Are you claiming all your tax credits hon? They can add up to quite a bit.

i am only entitled to child tax credits, which i've been recieving since the birth of my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back