Does anybody worry they wont like their baby?

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Or the baby will hate them? Me & OH are worried abt this...
We worry that the baby will hate us & that we wont like her back!
& she'll wish she had other parents!

It stems from the fact we had a puppy a couple of years ago who we had to rehome at 9 months old as she was a real little ******* & destroyed every single thing we owned even after intensive behaviourist therapy! (different I know but we cant help worrying that because of this we'll be bad parents!)

The home she got rehomed to have recently rehomed her again & they already had 3 dogs so we dont feel as much of a failure now!

Irrational? Or has anyone else has these thoughts?x

I'm more worried that we'll be crap parents who have no idea what our child wants or needs!
I'm sure that all our worries are completely normal. As my Dad keeps telling me, having a baby is a life changing thing and worries etc are completely justified.
I'm sure your baby will love you and you'll love your baby.
xx

This is exactly how i feel!!! That i will regret having her and everything...so no advice for you hun as i am in the same boat. Might make you feel better to know your not alone though xxx

Thats what I worry abt! What if we regret it? its madness!x

I am sure alot of people go through this, its my main worry! I am sure theres time where people get fed up but i bet they wouldn't change it for the world. Fear of the unknown too. xxx

Ahhhhhhhh don't be daft, your baby will love you like mad and vice versa. As soon as you see that gorgeous little face all your worries will be out the window. My sisters just got a puppy and it has put me off ever having a puppy but I can't wait to meet my little man and already have a daughter. You will dote on your baby and vice versa. Don't worry about that one bit, you've grown her for 9 months and she's heard yours and your chaps voice and so she is attached to you already and although it will be hard at times there won't be a day that goes by that you will regret it :). You are her family and that is unconditional love. You don't get that with a naughty puppy :) xxxxxxx

Hey, I am worried something will be wrong with baby and if it be, then struggle to mother her.. I am worried about how she will come out in case I don't like her for some reason... I am guessing it is natural to feel worried..?

xx

Hey, I am worried something will be wrong with baby and if it be, then struggle to mother her.. I am worried about how she will come out in case I don't like her for some reason... I am guessing it is natural to feel worried..?

xx

I hope its natural lol, its quite scary thinking that thought though! Scares me anyways. I am sure we will all be great? Will have to remind eachother and i bet we laugh at even thinking it. xxx

I worried about this both times and so far that worry has proved pointeless :) you'll be brilliant x x x

Have had one puppy, 2 kittens, and am on baby number two.

In order of what was worse:

Kitten One
Puppy
Kitten Two
Baby

My daughter was my first experience of babies and whilst pregnant, though excited, I worried it'd be hard to remember things like cleaning the neck (babypuke), cutting her nails (turned out I forgot half the time anyway but a friend used to keep watch for me, bless her) and silly things.

Both myself and my never wanted children ex, turned out to be fantastic at the job. And were told we were an inspiration, and that our daughter (we still get this) is just like how everyone else wants their child to be!!! So it's really not that bad.

I've worried she'll be so ugly I couldn't bear to look at her but realistically, you see your child, he/she is yours, and once you come to terms with the fact that the new human on your tummy 'belongs' to you, you start loving him/her (ok, a few people don't bond straight away but it's an emotional time).

Last edited:
Thanks ladies its nice to know that its not just me! What if shes ill?
I worry if shes ugly too! :eek: I know that sounds terrible but I worry because there feels like theres so much pressure, people keep saying to us 'Oh your both good looking so your baby will be beautiful' but what if shes not? What if people start speculating that she cant be OHs baby if shes ugly? What if shes a little swine? What if she is ill or never sleeps? So many things to worry about?x

I'm getting to the worry about what if she's really ugly. I honestly think a lot of babies are really ugly so before I was like oh well if she's really ugly she'll probably get better when she gets a bit bigger, but what if she doesn't? What if she just doesn't do it for me and I don't really recognise her as my lovely little baby? It's a stupid worry, but I don't really think bald babies are cute either - what if she's a total baldy for months?! I feel a bit ashamed for worrying about such trivial things but when I think about the birth now that's what I think I'll be most focused on, what she looks like.

I'm getting to the worry about what if she's really ugly. I honestly think a lot of babies are really ugly so before I was like oh well if she's really ugly she'll probably get better when she gets a bit bigger, but what if she doesn't? What if she just doesn't do it for me and I don't really recognise her as my lovely little baby? It's a stupid worry, but I don't really think bald babies are cute either - what if she's a total baldy for months?! I feel a bit ashamed for worrying about such trivial things but when I think about the birth now that's what I think I'll be most focused on, what she looks like.

Oh cant stop! I know that wasnt supposed to be funny but that made me laugh so much I nearly did a little wee!
I have the same thoughts, & mine probs will be a baldy as OH was a right baldy for ages & ages hahaha, I on the other hand had a massive black mop of thick hair & won loads of baby competitions so its always been in my head since I was a kid that babies with more hair = cuter.
I feel really superficial & mean, what if shes too fat/ too thin, what if shes not what I have hoped she looks like for the past 8 months?
I know realistically Im being stupid, we chose not to have the downs test as we said we didnt care what she was like, we'd love her regardless & that still stands so I think its just T3 nerves?x

Last edited:
I think its hormones making me crazy but I worry about loving both my babies enough and balancing it fairly between them both . As for worrying about having an ugly baby , when your baby is born all you will see is your beautiful child . Aoibheann wa very bruised (and my family have since told me very ugly) but all I saw , and will ever see is a perfect baby girl .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back