Really need some kitty advice!

babyroo

Reaction score
Our cats really are'nt getting on at the moment, whenever Tabitha my 10 year old cat see's Smudge she just completely goes mad and pins poor smudge to the floor. I've had quite a few scratches breaking them up.
I'm getting very concerned because of Jessica if she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I put Tabitha outside but she won't go off for an adventure just sits screaming and scratching our french doors. Smudge does go out and off but it's just not fair on her to keep her outside all the time.
I'm starting to think that Tabitha is getting jealous of Jessica , she always seems to try and get strokes etc when I'm sitting playing with Jessica etc.
I've asked my Mam to take Tabitha (she lived there when i lived with my parents) but she wont take her because they're having work done to their house soon.
My husband thinks it's got to the point where we will have to get her rehomed but i was wondering if anybody had any tips to combat her behaviour?
I really don't want her to be rehomed, she's been with me through some extremely bad times but for Jessica's sake i will have to if she does'nt change soon. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
We only have the one cat so I can't offer any advice :(

When our rabbits fell out we tried seperating them and intoducing them again from time to time. After 4 months we decided this really wasn't working and they either had to get on or one had to go. I spent a day playing the computer with them in the same room as me. Every time they fought I seperated them with a broom (I also had gardening gloves on standyby). By the end of day one they tolerated each other and we put their cages side by side for the night. By the end of day 2 they were best buddies and back in the same cage again. I don't know if this would work with cats though.

:shock: pins her to the floor?!

Are they both girls?!

I'm not really sure what to advise but that really doesn't sound good. Our existing two cats (13 and 7) were very unhappy with the arrival of our new rescue cat but they mostly just ignore each other with the occasional whinge - there's been no physical contact!

Is it worth looking into behavioural therapy for Tabitha? I know it sounds a bit eccentric and hippy but some friends of ours got some for their cat and he's much happier and calmer now?

Best of luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back