Does everyone have 1 big worry?

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
I had an interesting chat with a friend of mine the other day she was telling me that from day one of her pregnancy right up till the end her one big worry was losing her baby at any stage. This was due to previous miscarriages and that she has a problem with her womb which makes her unable to carry babies after 32 weeks.

So it got me to thinking does every mum to be have one big worry that won't go away?

I had a think about mine and I realised that the day I found out I was pregnant was the day that the downs storyline started on eastenders and due to the nature of its unpleasantness it made me worried for my own baby, and to be honest it is the one and only thing that has played on my mine even to this day!! :shock:

So I thought it might be nice if we all aired our silly worries to each other and hopefully it might us feel better.

(it might just be me thats a worry wort but if there is anyone else then speak up hehe!)

for example was anyone else upset by eastenders? Or was that just me :?

:think: I can't think of any BIG one, mine have been many,varied and probably silly.

Say for example I worry what if I think he's gorgeous but everyone else knows he's really ugly but I can't see it :think: :oops:

hehe I am glad I am not the only one who thinks silly things!
I am sure that your son will be gorgeous to everyone though not just you :D

my worries change constantly throughout pg. my big worry now is there not been enough m/w when i go into labour or been sent to another hosp

Losing the baby.

This is my biggest fear/worry, being 40,my last chance to have one,if anything happened we wouldn't try again as this baba wasn't planned, i'd be more than heartbroken.

I have everything virtually for baba and i sometimes catch myself thinking 'will any of it get used?' .

It's an awful thought, just so looking forward to being Mum again to a new life and can't imagine what it would be like if anything goes wrong.

12 weeks to go and counting and hoping all will be fine.

Shit ain't it :cry:

my one big worry has been losing the baby/something being wrong when baby is born, i have had a previuos M/C and sometimes i just cant beleive my luck, part of me is still in denial and i only have 3 weeks left, i always wanted to be a mum but diidnt think i ever would be blessed with this.

maybe ill beleive it when i have he baby :think: as reality will have to sink in then.

becky xxx

mine is that this one will be stillborn like my last baby Jamie :cry: it would break me in 2
whatever happens this will be my last baby as the stress weve gone through carrying this baby after having a stillbirth last time has been unreal i can never go through this again
i just hope and pray this one hangs in there a few more weeks :pray:
xxxxxxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: Rach...You will be soon holding LO in your arms and Jamie will be smiling down on you all, so proud of his brave mummy :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: To all of you, pregnancy is such a worrying time. I worried about the birth from about 20 weeks, I was terrified. Had panic attacks and everything, convinced I couldnt do it. I was so sure I would die of fright once the pain kicked in :oops: :shock:

Its such a special time too, try to relax and enjoy it, you will miss being pregnant once its over, but its soooo worth it once you have your littl bundle of joy in your arms :cheer:

I have been worried through my entire pregnancy because I was tipsy with my sister one night before I found out i was pregnant, I must have been only a few weeks pregnant, husband was on his stag week in spain and me and big sis took the oportunity to drink bubbly. But since I found out I was pregnant it has played on my mind so much. I was planning my wedding for 2 years and then found out i was pregnant 3 weeks before the big day.....my mum was delighted cos then she new i wouldnt make a fool of myself by getting really drunk! wedding was great though as I was stone cold sober and remember every single thing( for a change! :D

I have also spent the last 18 weeks worried that baby has grown skin, cos in my 20 week scan he looked like a little skeleton, such an irational worry but still kept me awake for weeks. Got another scan on friday and he looked better, thank goodness.

My sister worried through her pregnancy that Baby Bob didnt have a chin, cos he didnt look like he had one in his 20 week scan, when he was born she was shouting out "hows his face? has he got a chin?" and he was 100% perfect xx

im not here yet, but can i reply??

my fear has been much the same as other peoples. im constantly worried that i will loose LO

my other fear is that the baby has spina biffida. my moms first baby had it. and although we dont think its heriditry and my tests came back normal, im still really worried.

:hug: for everyone

hey Keslo

your like me I am worried over something that is very unlikely to happen, all my scans etc have come back perfect but I am still paranoid about having an ill baby.

I have found lately when I worry about any problems I get out the baby clothes etc and look though it and it makes me feel so much better and confident that everything is and will be ok.

we are all gonna have perfect babies! And I can't wait!

I don't have a main worry, I have little worries....will she be healthy & ok? Will I cope in labour? Will I be a good mom? Will I look after her well?

I think it is a natural part of pregnancy to have these worries - if we didn't then we should be worried......we already love our babies and just want them to be happy & healthy :hug:

I'm sure we will all come away from the hospital with healthy little bundles of joy.......ready for the next set of worries.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

before i knew i was pregnant i was at a music festival and got rat-arsed. I worry ALL THE TIME that this damaged the baby (i was only about 1-2 weeks pregnant)
i also worry about still birth and cot death. particually cot death because i had a brother who died of cot death.

I do think its natural to worry... its just horrible tho - thinking of all the things that can happen.

mine is losing my baby, or having my baby being still born, it's so had not to have all these worries :x i just wish i could let them go....

zoe c said:
I was so sure I would die of fright once the pain kicked in :oops: :shock:

Thats exactly how i felt :oops:
Honestly though if anyone is worried about the birth, i know its easier said than done but it really isnt that bad, yes its painful but as soon as that LO is out you forget everything!! & you all can do it!! I was Induced and that is meant to be more painful but to be honest i think it coulda been alot worse, If i can do it anyone can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back