Does any1 sleep on their belly?

LucyB.

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it could harm baby, last night in my sleep I almost rolled over onto my belly until I stopped myself! Does any1 else do it? Xxx

My belly stops me rolling onto my belly LOL

I do sleep on my side, mostly my right but I have been making a concerted effort to sleep on my left to help baby move from back to back :)

My belly stops me rolling onto my belly LOL

I do sleep on my side, mostly my right but I have been making a concerted effort to sleep on my left to help baby move from back to back :)

Does that help then?? Mine is back to back too xxx

Yeah sleeping on your left side is meant to be best.

I can't sleep on my belly, but I often wake up on my back - think the weight of my belly rolls me over like a tortoise!

Yes, sleeping on your left also provides more oxygen to baby :)

ALso you can try bouncing on a ball, lunges, crawling on all fours, make sure you sit up straight when your sat down not slouching, crab walking up the stairs.

It's all great fun, mostly OH just laughs at me :)

I don't personally, the leaflet with my birth ball advertised this http://www.holo-lilo.com/ it's basically a lilo with a hole for bump. (they really will create anything) lol If you really can't get comfortable maybe it'd work? x

Haha that's great...but I'd need 2 more holes for these mahusive boobs too!! I've actually been waking up more on my front than usual which worries me! But if I'm sleeping on my left side he seems to be on the right & vice versa so I'm hoping sleeping more on my belly isn't affecting him at all!! Xx

My belly stops me too! I would if I could :(. Someone needs to invent a matress with a 'belly dip' in it! I tend to sleep all night on my left side now and wake up with an achey shoulder and hip! Once I'm asleep I'm dead to the world haha!

this is one thing i cant wait to do and i also sleep on my left, sleeping on my right mskes me feel sooo sick x

I can't wait to sleep on my tummy again.

I keep trying to sleep on my left side as I read all the time that it's best position BUT I can't breath properly when I do so have to sleep on right side. Saying that I end up turning like a pig on a spit all night long cos hips get sore. Pregnancy really knows how to make us happy!!!! lol

I can't wait to sleep on my tummy again.

I keep trying to sleep on my left side as I read all the time that it's best position BUT I can't breath properly when I do so have to sleep on right side. Saying that I end up turning like a pig on a spit all night long cos hips get sore. Pregnancy really knows how to make us happy!!!! lol

I'm the same! I can't breath properly on my left side and my heart starts to race! Xx

Not just me then? Really don't understand why it happens and it means I have to sleep with back to DH all the time. Romantic - not :-(

I prefer my right :(, if I sleep on my left and facing hubster I feel too enclosed and he doesn;t like me breathing on him lol

I spend half my night tossing and turning.

I have worked out that now bump has got heavier if I take a deep breath in and then breathe out as I turn it doesn;t ache as much :)

xxx

They literally will invent anything! Can't imagine itd be that comfortable to sleep on though :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I more often than not wake up on my back, i always try to fall asleep on my left but sometimes its impossible to get comfy

I sleep on my belly, even though I have a bump, not directly on my belly but kinda on my right side, but most of my actual belly is on the bed...
just find it the comfiest position to sleep in at the moment!
But usually end up on my back.. Maybe it's just a un conscious thing we think of to not sleep on our bellies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back