Am I in labor

angiemum2b

Reaction score
Hi Ladies I need some help, I'm 35 wks 4 days having some serious pains like period pains in belly, feel like I'm about to throw up excuse the phrasing haven't had a show yet but wondered if anyone else had the same feeling??
my lil one hasn't moved much either in last few days, he's done his daily 10 kicks but nothing over the ordinary.
Don't want to keep harassing the hospital with questions that might be silly if you know what I mean ?
Can any1 help ? ?

I think the best thing to do if you are really worried is ring the hospital. As my DH says that is what they are there for (it is their job!!) The worst they can say is no so where is the harm?

I'd ring hun and get checked out, especially if there is a pattern to them

:D

hi hun my labour started with period pains, i called the hospital said im having lil period like pains every 15mins usualy they would tell u to stay at home till they get worse or waters break but they said because im 35weeks to go straight down

Yep i would defo Rack their brains at the hospital. Try not to panic too much and go and get checked you may be sent home. But at least you know and you couldnt be in better hands could you? Im having period like pains been having them for a few weeks now but everyone is different. They get paid to check things out hunny. Good luck xxxxxx

period pains with no pattern are all helping towards your cervix getting ready, but if they are painful and regular then i would ask.

I was told that so many times when i was pregnant with Jack!!

my labour started with crampy like pains that then became regular and more painful, along with hardening of tummy...

Good luck hope all is ok

I had period like pains for a week before abi was born at 35 weeks i would got and get checked out if it is labour thsy might be able to stop it for a bit longer :)

Thanks Ladies for your reply's, Rang hospital they said if i haven't had a show yet it's nothing but to watch and keep an eye out .

The pains have settled out now, but still have a sharp pain in top of my belly when i bend so if it doesn't go in next few hours i'm going to ring again.
Oh I just wished he was here now so i could enjoy him a bit better, the pregnancy has now started to drag for some reason.
roll on 3 weks for maternity leave.!!!!! :dance:

manda was your symptoms the same as what I'm having, because that's made me think now that the hospital was just fobbin me off! :?
Well the pains have returned but not as strong or as long so I'm just hoping that it's just me getting ready for it ?
My lil one is moving more today as well just hope things are just signs to say it's not long. :pray:

Yeah i'd had really bad pregnancy anyway and was having cervical scans up until 28 weeks, at 33 weeks i spent a week in hospital as i was having contractions although i didn't know it, they found out by putting me on a machine to monitor babys heart rate and i had one put on my belly too and they asked if i was in any pain and i wasn't :? so i was admitted and given steroids for babys lungs and tablets to stop contractions after a week i was allowed home, a week later i started getting period type pains no particular pattern or length, sometimes it was more painful than others, me just thinking it was normal left it then about a week later i woke up one morning (oh i was having problems sleeping too couldn't get comfy) and when i went to toilet there was a bit of blood when i wipped only a smear hardly anything but i rang hospital and they said to get checked out, when i went in i was examined i was 2 cm dilated - thats what the period pains had been doing) cos i was 5 weeks early i was admitted and told i had to rest to keep baby in as long as possible, if you're active it irritates the cervix and can get things going quicker, i started having more regular period pain, so i took it easy then at 4.30 in the afternoon i got up to go to toilet and my waters broke then the pain stopped for a bit and then at midnight they came fast and strong Abi was born next morning at 7.10.

I would definately advise you to go to hospital and get checked out, they might not try and stop it noe as you're past 34 weeks which is when the lungs mature but you need to be monitored.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back