Doctor made me panic

Mummybexee

Reaction score
So the doctors called me... Receptionist asked me to make appointment to come in with a morning wee sample as my wee from midwife came back with an abnormality.

I instantly want answers and what the abnormality is- she can't answer- anyway she puts me through to a doctor- who explains I have red blood cells in my urine which isn't normal and they need to investigate - by this time I'm filling up with tears as instantly think the worst

However I told her about my spotting and then she was like ohhh if you've had any blood new or old then I'm not worried

Leave it a week and pop a morning sample in just to make sure the sensitive test is just picking up the bleed from 5 days ago- I made her confirm that my wee sample 5 days after a light bleed could pick up blood

So I'm praying that in a weeks time my wee is back to normal? I did the wrong thing and googled red blood cells in urine

Anyone had experience of this?

i had this a lot with my last pregnancy, i had a lot of urine tract infections and then developed kidney stones, which i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy..

i hope everything is okay and hopefully it was just from the bleed you had.

Blood in urine often means a simple urinary infection and a course of antibiotics should fix it x.

i had red blood cells a while back but not sure if i did during pregnancy try not to worry hun xx

It could be a urine infection very common in pregnancy. If you have been spotting it could just be contamination. Don't stress as it is the worst thing you could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back