Doctor made me panic

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Mummybexee, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

So the doctors called me... Receptionist asked me to make appointment to come in with a morning wee sample as my wee from midwife came back with an abnormality.

I instantly want answers and what the abnormality is- she can't answer- anyway she puts me through to a doctor- who explains I have red blood cells in my urine which isn't normal and they need to investigate - by this time I'm filling up with tears as instantly think the worst

However I told her about my spotting and then she was like ohhh if you've had any blood new or old then I'm not worried

Leave it a week and pop a morning sample in just to make sure the sensitive test is just picking up the bleed from 5 days ago- I made her confirm that my wee sample 5 days after a light bleed could pick up blood

So I'm praying that in a weeks time my wee is back to normal? I did the wrong thing and googled red blood cells in urine

Anyone had experience of this?

2. charlotte7891

charlotte7891 Member

i had this a lot with my last pregnancy, i had a lot of urine tract infections and then developed kidney stones, which i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy..

i hope everything is okay and hopefully it was just from the bleed you had.

3. lozzalozza

lozzalozza Well-Known Member

Blood in urine often means a simple urinary infection and a course of antibiotics should fix it x.

4. chrystal

chrystal Well-Known Member

i had red blood cells a while back but not sure if i did during pregnancy try not to worry hun xx

5. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

It could be a urine infection very common in pregnancy. If you have been spotting it could just be contamination. Don't stress as it is the worst thing you could do.