Docs tomorrow, advice please?

jarjar7

Reaction score
Hey Ladies...Just after a bit of advice please...I'm at the Docs tomorrow just to get some advice about my AF being late the last few months etc but just wondered if anyone had been to the docs about this before and what exactly I should ask? I'm not there about actually concieving exactly cos we've only been trying for 5 months so I'm not overly worried about that yet but just dont know why my AF is playing up so much lately and being slightly different every month, can I just simply ask him that?! Sorry, just dont want to waste my appt and come away feeling no better...
Thanks
xxxxx

I've not had this but I'd mention to the doctor you're trying to concieve as well as explaining about you're cycles x x

I would just come straight out with it, But for sure say to him that your ttc as well.. I think he will take you more serious, He may suggest some supplements. Virtex. Or something similar. But thinking more i think virtex can be used more to shorten your cycles. Ask him about diet or supplements he may suggest something. Good Luck S

Thank you ladies. I've just never had to do this before so want to be sure that I get everything out that I need to tell him. I will definitely tell him I'm TTC.
xxxx

if he cannot prescribe something ask him if there is a herbal remedy he knows that might help x

Very true rbryan, thanks. I have heard of vitamin type things you can get so I'll ask him about those too.
xx

Good luck at the docs Jar Jar, hopefully he can talk you through what could be happening and perhaps some things you can do ..

Hope it all goes ok today and that your doctor understands how important this is to you, x x x

Thanks girls...I'm trying to run through it all in my mind so I dont forget anything I want to ask but the more I think about it the more nervous I get...I've never been to the Docs about this stuff before and I think its just made the TTC more real or something you know? It dont help that my OH has just toddled off to work as usual, not saying good luck or let me know how you get on or anything like that...feel a bit on my own with it all and I'm only going cos I want to ask a few questions...feels like it wont be a good day today. xxxx

Write down anything you want to ask so that If you do go blank you can pull out your little list,

When I went to the docs last year about terrible OV pains my hubby was useless and didn't say anything - especially when I had to go for a scan - he was just laughing at me on the phone when I said that I really thought I was going to wet myself, Think I drank just a little too much water and was in so much pain!!

Scan came back ok though - and I went back on the pill for 6 months and this time around I haven't had the same OV pains,

Don't be worried about telling your doctor though - I know it will make TTC seem more real but its a good thing to have down on record just in case - Well thats what I thought anyways - then they know how long you have been TTC if that makes sense!!

Make sure you let us know how it all goes hun x x x

i agree, definatley write a list of your questions. If you tell the doc you are ttc, he might be more inclined to do something for you if its having an effect on other things rather than just being an 'annoying problem'. Doctors obviously vary and as you are having periods each month he may ask you to come back if you havent gotten pregnant after12 months but he may also run some blood tests.

Good luck and hope you get some answers xx

Hope the appointment went well today- I went to one gyno and told her about ttc and the length of my cycle she told me to come back in 24 months if I'm not pregnant. That was back in September 09, I went to a different gyno beginning of April with a yeast infection and spoke also about my cycles and ttc She gave me some tablets for both my yest infection and my cycle length on my first visit, I took with me a record of all my periods, The length, How long im bleeding for etc. All other question i had i wrote down and pulled out my paper many times. I told her my complete history nearly. Smear, std sti testing etc. ~She was the most helpful Ive been to, And even wants me to go back once Ive finished two cycles of the tablets to see how I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back