Do you think I Am being selfish? Help! :( RANT

zozo

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Would really appreciate some advice here.

This may seem really daft to some of you, but I am a MASSIVE harry potter fan. I love reading, have read all the books and have the dvd collections and all sorts. Have been really looking forward to seeing the Deathly Hallows when it comes out, and OH is too. We have had our tickets pre booked for opening night for ages, and that was that.

So we're at the Cinema tonight, and of course they have all these banners up for the new film, and I said "oh i really cant wait to go see this".

OH then decides to tell me he's going to London with His MUM and little brothers and her new stupid fiance (who happens to have been my own dads best friend, and only met my OH's mum this year at my parents annual new years party, and now they are engaged) to see it instead...Apparently the company his mum works for are putting on some private screening for free, but they have to pay for flights and accommodation...

Im thinking, okay, your going to spend our money flying to London, blow me off, see the film we should have been seeing together with your mum and family ( none of whom have seen any of the previous films!!!) and fly back again? I asked why I wasn't invited, and he said because of the hotel arrangements and she can only have up to four people free with her..I mean seriously.

Thing is, the actual seeing of the film is only part of it..It's mostly the fact he's blowing me off for his mum when we have had the tickets pre booked for ages. Also the fact its a waste of money flying down just cos the tickets are free. It's not the premier or anything, just her work has hired the cinema for one showing.

He even said "oh i'll come see it with you too" im like, THATS NOT THE POINT YOU IDIOT.

I mean, am I being selfish not wanting him to go? Maybe i'll just kick him out. He can go live with his stupid mother.

Any advice on how I can NOT be totally Peed off about this? xx :(

I would be pissed off too!! If it was my oh I would expect him to say " i'm not going if you're not coming with me" what a way to make you feel totally left out! And his mum sounds like a knob (sorry) :( I don't think there is a way to not be annoyed at this!!! I would be fuming!!!! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I would feel the exact same too - I hate the idea of partners blowing their partners off for their MOTHERS!! Totally sad to be honest, and yeah I'd be livid. It's not the point you're right, he should be a little considerate if you ask me!! X

I think you are right to feel really annoyed about it.

You're carrying his baby and he blew you off for his mother - either she is putting the pressure on or your being ditched because he thinks he's going to be missing out :roll:

Eitherway it doesn't bode well for the future.

There is nothing you can do though, so no point being bitter. Take a friend to see Harry Potter and have a fab time and wait for the opportunity to repay him for his inconsiderence.

I would feel exactly the same! What a selfish git!! x x

It does sound rather inconsiderate of his mum to invite ONLY him. I can't imagine my parents ever inviting only ME to an event, leaving my poor DH to fend for himself. Some people are just oblivious to common courtesies. Maybe she really, truly doesn't understand how insulting that is, and same goes for your OH......but regardless, I would still be thoroughly annoyed.

Omg I'd be raging!! My husband would have a hussy fit if I weren't invited and wouldn't go without me.

Im sorry I'm not sure who I'm more gobsmacked with..his mother for not inviting you or your OH going anyway without you. Your his priority or least you should be!! Why does he feel the need to go?

I really hope you enjoy your night regardless hunny! Xx

I would be fuming too hun that is awful you must feel so left out! His mother shouldnt have asked him to go without you and he shouldnt have agreed to go without you its so inconsiderate! Hope he realises this BEFORE he leaves you behind xx

OH MY GOD- I would be totally peed off about this!!! I get so annoyed when people let me down and I would feel upset and insulted that my OH would choose to go with his family over me. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back