Do you every feel like you cant be sad ?

tinytoes

Reaction score
I dreamt last night that I had a baby boy and he was so perfect and I woke up this morning in tears thinking about the baby that would have been . But I still feel like I have no right to be sad because my pregnancy was a surprise and I didn't have much time to wrap my head around it before we lost the baby I feel like a cheat or something

Hi hon

Ofc you have every right to be sad about what has happened. I recently suffered my 4th mc which was a blighted ovum so didn't even had a scan but I was so upset by it.

If you feel you need to cry, shout, vent about then you should as it is still a loss to you.

All my love hon

Lee-Ann xxx

Hun,

2 of my losses were early (5w and 6w) yet they were still losses and they still affected me deeply.

There is no right and wrong - a loss is a loss.

We all understand that, you have every right to grieve for your loss

xxxxxxx

:hugs: of course you have the right to feel sad sweets! a loss is a loss no matter how far along!

Massive hugs hunny x

I don't post here often because I feel like my loss is less of one than the other ladies . Recently we found out we are both carriers of the cf gene and I also have cysts on my good ovary so it's unlikely we will have another baby and it's harder to deal with now , I just wish I was preparing for a baby now

To you, your loss is as big as anyone else's here.

I am sorry to hear you news but I am hoping and praying that it does work for you x

Loss is a loss hun. I lost my angel at 5w4d but i still think about it even though i have a healthy little boy now. You have all the rights to be sad, you need to grieve.q
Big hugs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As everyone has said no matter how long you knew, how far on, planned or unplanned... A loss is a loss and you have every right to be upset.xxxx

Sorry to hear tour feeling your sad tiny toes-As everyone else has said you have every right to be though. It doesn't matter how early, it is still devastating. I can just imagine how you felt when you woke up after that dream. It's cruel when things like that happen, I have those dreams all the time these days. I think it's because we haven't been to counselling in so long.
Do you mind me asking how you both discovered you carry the cf gene? My oh is a carrier so I had to get tested when I was pregnant at great Ormond Street. I felt a bit bullied into being tested to be honest and was a bit rude to the geneticist. Think I was just being protective though. I'm sorry that youve had even more sad news. Big hug chick xxx

Thanks hun, no I don't mind at all my daughter was diagnosed earlier this year so we both had testing do we could make some rational choices about future babies

A loss is a loss hon, no matter how early and as everyone else has said you have every right to feel this way.

I had a dream on Thursday night that I got a +ve on a digi and burst into tears when I woke up - its horrible dreaming about things like this - I'm not surprised it upset you :hugs: xx

I'm so sorry you are going through this hun. Any loss of a child at any stage of a pregnancy (or after birth) is something no-one should have to go through and something that is extremely hard to deal with. Your feelings of sadness are 100% valid hun - it doesn't matter what week you were in that was still your baby. *Massive hugs* xxx

I too have had dreams about my baby. I dreamt that I had a perfect baby girl, I held her in my arms and then she was gone. Really awful when you wake up. Although nothing will ever replace my first baby and I will love them and think about them until the day I die I just pray I get the chance to be a mum again (as I'm sure we all do).

Thanks hun, no I don't mind at all my daughter was diagnosed earlier this year so we both had testing do we could make some rational choices about future babies

That must be very hard Hun, sorry to hear that....... I always knew my oh was a carrier as some of his family members have cf and he was tested years ago. When I was being tested for the gene they reduced my chances of being a carrier significantly but couldn't eliminate as I can't say 100% no member of my family has ever had ( I have a set of cousins I don't know one of whom I think had cf).
I'm not sure if you had any genetic counselling? I have to say I got a lot of information but some was very confusing. My understanding is a one in four chance of having a cf baby if we both are carriers. Good luck in your difficult decion making. I hope your daughter is doing well. xxx

I feel like I can't be sad in front of people to save them being uncomfortable... It's awful :(

Hun, its an awful feeling to feel that you can't be sad, but you shouldn't feel that you can't be. Like Terrie says we often do it to spare others rather than ourselves and you have been through so so much recently, i hope you feel that you can let go to some people. However and whenever an mc happens you have lost something precious to you, xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back