Do you ever get your EDD changed after dating scan?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I am just curious!

I have heard people mention they have been moved after 20 week scan and even after 16w MW appointment.

I thought the dating scan was the scan they always stuck to though?

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
At my 20 week scan when I was 21 weeks the baby's measurements were all closer to that of a 22 week old baby but they didn't change a thing, just think it's big (yay... lol) or had a growth spurt. I don't know if that's because my EDD by dates is so close to my EDD by my 12 week scan where I only got put back a day.
I would probably have argued if they'd tried to change it further as we know the night we conceived and I have a really regular cycle. I read some horror stories of babies being induced early because of dates being changed late into the pregnancy...

Ooh your due bonfire night, maybe fireworks will set you off on time! :)

Yeah same as Sarah, measurements might indicate your further but its likely just a big baby so iv not heard of dates changing, It wasn't mentioned at my last scan, my friend had a 4d private scan last night and they have put her 4 week further on! Thats some big baby...she has gestational diabetes which of course can affect things, but a whole month!!!

I've not heard of it before. I think that unless they thought that the baby was alot further behind / ahead than previously thought then maybe they would but if it's just a matter of a couple of days or so I think they just stick with the original EDD x

I am curious as someone just posted that after 16w appointment she has been put forward?

Also I am sure someone else said they were put forward at 20 week scan?

As I understood it your EDD will not change but you can be measuring big or small?

xxxxxxxxx

That has to be unusual to be moved, I'd be feeling really confused if my dates were changed. Is it possible for the 12 week scan to be measuring behind or ahead but then maybe if the 20 week scan is more in line with your original dates they'd change it?
Not sure why they'd change it at the 16 week appointment, at mine all they did was measure my BP and listen to the heartbeat. Nothing happened that, as far as I know, would be an EDD changer.
I'm puzzled...

^^ WSS..

My 16 week appointment was just BP, heart beat and a general chat... Nothing to suggest or even give an insight as to how far along I was...

Theyve said the same ebb at all mine but 12week scan they said I was almost 14weeks but o throught I was 12weeks
& at my 20week scan they put me a day forward :)

The 12 week scan is the most accurate I believe as babies grow at same rate until that time then after that I think it's a case if your baby is measuring smaller or bigger than average rather than your dates changing. x

That has to be unusual to be moved, I'd be feeling really confused if my dates were changed. Is it possible for the 12 week scan to be measuring behind or ahead but then maybe if the 20 week scan is more in line with your original dates they'd change it?
Not sure why they'd change it at the 16 week appointment, at mine all they did was measure my BP and listen to the heartbeat. Nothing happened that, as far as I know, would be an EDD changer.
I'm puzzled...

^^ WSS..

My 16 week appointment was just BP, heart beat and a general chat... Nothing to suggest or even give an insight as to how far along I was...

Honestly someone just posted in Tri 2 that she was moved after 16w appointment so that is what made me ask LOL

xxxxxxxx

I've not been moved after my 20week scan! I would find it odd to be moved forward at your 16w appt! MW did all the usual told me where my uterus was sitting and that was it :/
They did say at my 20 week scan that baby was 11oz! Cute nearly a whole 1lb!!

I'm puzzled...

^^ WSS..

Honestly someone just posted in Tri 2 that she was moved after 16w appointment so that is what made me ask LOL

xxxxxxxx

I believe you! Sorry if it came across abit funny! It is a strange one, I really can't understand why they would at 16 weeks? I'm glad you asked though :) Xxx

I've not been moved after my 20week scan! I would find it odd to be moved forward at your 16w appt! MW did all the usual told me where my uterus was sitting and that was it :/
They did say at my 20 week scan that baby was 11oz! Cute nearly a whole 1lb!!

My little bambino is 11oz's as well.

How sweet hey!

I need to look over all my measurements again later as I barely took them in

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I've only just realised your 20 weeks carnat, I was sure you were in Tri 3!!! x

I've only just realised your 20 weeks carnat, I was sure you were in Tri 3!!! x

I spam everywhere hun, that's probably why I seem so familiar :shock: :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I just thought you were further along! It'll fly by!! x

xxxxxxxx[/QUOTE] by Carnat22.

Yes it's was Kayuki123, she says she's been moved back to her original EDD by the midwife after her dating scan had altered her dates before.
I was suprised too as I didn't think they did that either but if there was a mistake I guess they have to correct it .
My dating scan wasn't at 12 weeks I thought I was 16 +4 but I was put me back to 15 so I'm hoping that was a mistake and that they may correct it at my next scan (20 weeks) . xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back