Do our babies keep us awake at night yet?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
My little bubba seems to be very well trained at stopping his kicks at just the right time for me to be going off to sleep.

Have you guys already been distracted by your little bean at night-time, and have I just been really lucky, or is all this hard stuff just about to start?

he went through a stage of sleeping all day and kicking all night, wasnt impressed! lol

but the past few weeks he goes to sleep at night and wakes up about 7ish, which is fine with me, hope he sticks to that once hes out! lol

My wee bean starts kicking just as I get into bed but she always calms down and lets me sleep. Then when I have to go to the loo at 5 in the morning I can feel her kicking again. I'm pretty sure she'll be keeping me awake soon as her kicks are getting very strong :roll: :D

My baby starts kicking mainly at night but its not really strong enough to keep me awake yet thank god.

Does anyones baby not like being touched? When the midwife puts the doppler on my stomach she either moves out of the way and you can hear baby flapping about or baby starts to kick the doppler. If i put my hand on my stomach at night i get kicked untill i move it. Ha Ha

Hey Sarah B...My routine seems the same as yours with baby getting active just at about bedtime and kicking like mad. Then about 5 in the morning I get up to go to the bathroom and sometimes baby wakes me at around 7 ish.

Then again, I've lost a couple of nights over baby kicks. Just a couple...getting ready for things to come!

Sue

My baby only kicks twice a day, between 9 - 11am and 8 - 10pm, the rest of the time she's just still. I have felt the occasional movement in the afternoon, but very rarely. She also never kicks for long and it's never hurt (there have been posts about it hurting). Is this normal?

hey Kim -

I'd say it's very normal! Plus, when you are busy you don't notice movements at all, your baby is probably making small movements all the time. My baby can give a kick hard enough to hurt sometimes, but when we had our 24 week scan, I couldn't feel him/her moving at all - and there the little bean was on the screen, tossing around like someone trying to get comfy in bed! I think it all depends on what you are doing, if you have just eaten, what position you are in and a lot of other stuff.

Sue

Some of my baby kicks are very sudden and make me leap up out of my seat!

Thankfully this doesn't happen that often but it did hurt a bit. Well more of an unpleasant thud than a proper pain.

I get to find out what real pain is in January!

baby bean has just started pushing on my belly now but he as a big wriggle when I go to bed, then again at 5.00 when my hubby gets up to go to work, some times he as a wriggle during the night, but not enough to bother me, don't need to get up to go to the loo or anything!

Sometimes if I and struugling to go to sleep he will wriggle until I fall to sleep. Still find his kicks cute, sure I won't in a months time!

Had a bit more of a broken night last night.

The kicks seem to be getting a bit rougher. Luckily he isn't a constant kicker otherwise I would be starting to feel very bruised and battered!

I woke up to discover he was kicking very hard on the left hand side of my tummy, and it really startled me and I virtually jumped in the air! So I turned over onto my right and it stopped and I went back to sleep.

Only to wake up an hour later after having a nightmare that he was born with six fingers, six toes, wierd alien-like eyes and no nose!

I then needed a desparate wee because he was on my bladder! :roll:

I think my nice quiet nights are coming to a close! :cry: :lol:

Hey Sarah...

Every now and then I think baby takes a pull on the cord and it actually hurts - but the worst ones are where he/she braces herself on one side of the tum in order to be able to kick the other side harder...those are fun!

I actually do gasp and jump myself every now and then, startling OH out of his sleep and going "What...what...are you ok?"

But haven't really been broken...slept like a log lately.

Sue

Hello

My girl moves nearly all day and seems to be still all night. She wakes up about 20 minutes after me and goes to sleep about 15 minutes before me. Very convenient. If I wake in the night she's always still unless I speak or go to the loo and that wakes her up but she goes back to sleep pretty quickly.

One of her livliest times is 4pm. I was surprised the other day when she started at 3pm and then realised the clocks going back had ruined her routine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope this continues when she's born!!!

Mine doesn't really kickanymore, more squirms and shivers it feels like :? bit odd really. he does stick his limbs out though and pushes if i lay on my side and doesnt move his foot/hand/elbow or whatever back until i get off that side! little monkey.
Does wanyone else feel their baby 'shiver'?

Yeah I feel those too, it's a really strange sensation, I couldn't describe it but I think shiver is a good word for it, I wonder what they're doing in there lol!!

Yep mine shivers quite a lot, that is a good way of describing it. It feels really weird and I do wonder what is going on in there. I also feel more squirms and wriggles than kicks :D

Yeah my one squirms more than kicks - they do have wierd patterns don't they :lol:

I described the feeling as six live eels swimming around in my stomach. (This is what it feels like when I am standing up)

She got the message! :lol:

last night was the first night Coby woke me up with his movements and kicks!

up untill then, i have always managed to sleep through them

The thread was tempting fate I think. My little monkey is doing the same. I wake up and he is squirming all over the place! It must be getting quite cramped in there now.

Funny that cos mine never moves in the night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back