do i have anxiety please help

LISAMJS

Reaction score
Hi I would like some advice - after taking 2 hours to get lo to sleep I cant sleep as I am so worried he will wake - when he wakes for night time feeds it takes me ages to get myself back to sleep although he may fall straight to sleep. I can take an hour or more after he has fallen asleep to get to sleep as my mind goes wide awake. Is there anythin I can take or anyone have any recommendations please? x
lo is 7 weeks old

hey hun :) i used to have the same troubles when my ten year old was a wee one...my salvation was open university programmes on telly :shock: :D guaranteed to help you drop off :sleep: :lol:

I used to be awake because i would worry about all his little noises, was he still breathing if the noises stopped i'd get out of bed and check him, i even used to set my mobile phone for each feed so that i would wake up as i worried that i wouldnt cos i'm a heavy sleeper, but as time is going by things are getting alittle easier, because i'm not worrying about it i am able to get to sleep and i am waking when he wants his feeds :D
Hope you manage to get some sleep soon :sleep:

I used to find it very difficult to sleep as I was scared of not waking if LO needed me, even though I would wake at the slightest noise. It does get easier with time. My best period of sleep was after the 6ish am feed, and if she wouldn't settle back again Daddy took her downstairs and aonly brought her up again if she needed a feed. I felt I could switch off then and it was great. Daddy then looked after her until he went to work. The other thing I found was that I was having a pint of Ribena during the night (I was breatfeeding) which probably wasn't helping.

I have the same insomnia now i'm pregnant again, and I find it easier to not try to sleep - It just winds me up more. I get a warm milky drink, and either read or listen to the radio to try and relax.

It will get easier, but try and share the responsibility a bt as well if you can.

All the best

Andrea

It is completly normal to feel like this babes. I felt like that, and sometimes I get the odd night where I still do. All I can say is that it does get better but might take a few more weeks. Hope it's not too long before you get a good sleep. xxx

Soon you will be so tired hun that you will barely be able to stay awake for his feeds. Trust me! ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back