do food cravings indicate gender?

1986princess

Reaction score
just wondering if theres any truth in the food craving thing as to what sex the babies may be? iv been eating alot of creamy stuff cheese carbonara macaroni cheese potato salad, fancy pies a bit and sometimes little fondant fancies! what cravings are u all having?

I read somewhere that if you crave sweet things you are more likely to have a girl?x

I absolutely could not have anything sweet during tri1, only meat, potatoes, salty stuff. But now I am back to eating chocolate

Really interesting as I'm so into dairy and pies but have the odd craving for french fancy cakes and milk bottle sweets! Perhaps I'm just a pig! Is anyone else still gagging in the mornings occasionally? Xx

Pate today! I love the tinny-ness of a can of coke :) I have an incredibly sweet tooth anyway so i am not going to put much stock in that, mind you with this pregnancy i have been less hungry for sweet things in the evenings.. that could be put down to my general diet being better though :)

Really interesting as I'm so into dairy and pies but have the odd craving for french fancy cakes and milk bottle sweets! Perhaps I'm just a pig! Is anyone else still gagging in the mornings occasionally? Xx

Yes. Still occasionally being physically sick as well. But seems to be easing off again a little.xx

Well i'm having a boy and I've been craving fruit, especially strawberries. Oh and i keep fancying supernoodles on and off but haven't given in to them for a couple of weeks! xxx

In tri 1 & 2 I craved lemons and still cant get enough of the smell, I also loved anything really really sour like haribo tang tastics or sucking on a lime, I heard somewhere recently that its sweet cravings for a girl and sour for a boy and I am having a boy so it was right!!!

I had the biggest sweet tooth ever before pregancy, I'd eat sweets, choc and cake loads. I didnt drink fizzy drinks as didnt like them. I didnt eat anything sweet for about 14 weeks. Now I'm pretty much back to normal but not really craved anything until about 14 weeks when I fancied the odd can of coke which isnt like me x

im a sweet person and also heard sweet equals a girl so shall be interesting. I dont just crave sweets or chocolate I loooove fruit so as long as its sweet I want it

don't know the sex of my baby yet but i'm LOVING chocolate and was never a lover of it before. :love:

also i could eat salad everyday lettuce and tomatoes (which i hated before pregnancy :sick: ) i love them now!

I crave tangy every now and again but its mainly sweet things.

So interesting as all the cravings r so different! But have heard the sweet/sour theory so will be interesting to see! Mainly into savoury rather than sweet n sonographer thought they were boys but won't confirm til 18/20 weeks now
Xx

All I want is cheese, salad, melon & pink lady apples!!! We are having a girl :) I went of chocolate at the beginning but I have eaten some just lately, but haven't craved it! X x

I didn't have any cravings in either of my previous two pregnancies, and one was a girl and the other a boy, so I don't really believe it means anything. This time round I am craving watermelons for some reason...

I craved salt which apparently means a boy and I had a boy xx

i craved chocolate at the beginning and salt whichi dont normally have much of. i think i was the only kid at school to hate chocolate but thats mainly cos my dad used to work for mars and we just got sick of it lol and at the beginning i also craved salads and fruit but thats dyin down a bit now im mainly fizzy belts and flying saucers and candy floss and popcorn lol and im havin a boy so im a bit skeptical cos i think ive had the works lol but not much savoury i suppose lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back