Disappointed??

dpsrm

Reaction score
Were any of you disappointed when you found out what you were having?

I've got my 2nd scan on 2nd July and hopefully we'll be finding out what we're having. We've both got our heart set on a girl but I don't know if I'll be upset if I find out it's a boy. So I was thinking that if it turns out that I'm having a boy it will take me the time up to giving birth to get used to the idea.

Does anyone think I'm doing the right thing or do you think I should wait until the birth to find out? The only reason I ask is that I've read that some people have post-natal depression if they are unhappy that they've not got what they wanted.

Sorry it's a bit long but I would appreciate your honest opinions.

Thank you :)

personally, if you feel like this i would definately find out at your scan, like you say it will give u time to get used to the idea :hug:

DH and I were kind of hoping for a boy but we're having a girl and when we were told we were smiling from ear to ear, werent disappointed at all :D
As long as baby is healthy I'm sure you will be ecstatic either way :hug:

I was convinced I was having a girl, but wanted a boy. I found out so that my OH could get used to having a girl because he kept refering to the baby as "he". But as it turns out I was wrong, and we were both happy!

My friend was desperate for a girl, and when her gender scan showed a boy she cried for days. But now she is so glad she found out so she could get used to it. She says he will be a big brother to the little girl she has next time!

Good luck - let us know! :hug:
Piglet xx

dpsrm said:

I've got my 2nd scan on 2nd July and hopefully we'll be finding out what we're having. We've both got our heart set on a girl but I don't know if I'll be upset if I find out it's a boy. So I was thinking that if it turns out that I'm having a boy it will take me the time up to giving birth to get used to the idea.

Does anyone think I'm doing the right thing or do you think I should wait until the birth to find out? The only reason I ask is that I've read that some people have post-natal depression if they are unhappy that they've not got what they wanted.

wait till the birth! its far more exciting waiting for a surprise for you and familiy involved! :cheer:

I'd say wait for the birth too! It's great to have a surprise after going through all that labour, and you'll be so overwhelmed by seeing and holding your little one, that you'll instantly fall in love with him/her, whichever it is.

Throughout my pregnancy, I always thought that I wanted a little girl and couldn't imagine myself with a little boy (even though I suspected it was a boy). We didn't find out in advance obviously. But when he finally arrived, I was just so relieved that he was healthy and I was holding him at last, it really didn't matter.

I love having a boy, by the way, they're so much fun and easy to please. Little girls I know seem far more temperamental!

If you find out in advance, you have all those months to deliberate about it, if you leave it to the birth, you won't even think about it because your baby will be here and as Snuggle said, you'll be ecstatic!

Good luck with your decision!

m friend had a baby two years ago and she found out the sex and named her before she was born.
When she went into labour and rang me to tell me she had had the baby i just said ''oh right'' coz i knew the sex and name already it was so boring. :rotfl:

She said she would not find out next time coz no one was as excited knowing what she was having etc.

I wanted a girl too but found at scan that stephen was a boy and got used to the idea by buying him clothes, setting up his blue nursery and giving him a name, and when he was born couldnt of cared less what he was because he was absoloutely gorgeous and i wouldnt part with him!
And im glad i had a boy now because i know stephen will be a fantastic big brother to the little girl im having now!
Theres alwasy more time to have a girl. :D

dpsrm said:

I want a girl (already got a boy) but I can't see me getting depressed because it's aboy, aslong as it's healthy who cares?!! I find that quite shocking!!! :shock: A healthy baby is all that I wish for, although a girl would be nice :D

But if you're gonna get that down about it, I'd find out at the scan so you can 'get used to the idea'. xxx

Hi there.Well as bad as this might sound i was dissapointed every time they told me i was having a girl until i finally got told i was expecting twins and one of them was a boy......I am awaiting my next scan to find out whether this is boy or girl.I am hoping for a girl.....I can say that it is better not to wish for one and never get it.I was so desperate for a boy it took 6 girls to finally have him...I then went on to have another two girls and both myself and my husband would like another girl.....I know some find one gender easeir than the other and i love my little lad like all of my kids but girls have my heart........Lets just hope this one is a girl....He would like a brother but the girls say tey would like another girl....Will have to wait....Take care justine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back