Dip in heart beat...

Thoughtful1

Reaction score
I use my Doppler a lot and the other night her heart beat which is normaly around 148bpm slowed right down for a couple of seconds before returning to normal.

Has t his happened to anyone else? should I worry?

Hi there, didn't want to read and run.

I don't have a doppler myself so have not experienced this but I did a bit of research after hearing my little ones HB at my scan (trying to work out the sex!) and read in several places that the heart beat can change so much in a very short space of time.

I'm not a doctor though so maybe give your midwife a quick call if you are worried

xx

Could be baby changing positions,or moving slightly, i also did abit of reasearch into this as i thought mine did it at one point earliwr on and freAked me out, read alot about chambers off heart developing at different stages, and like gem said babys hb can change so quick in short time, also read its more Likely to be the doppler not picking it up cant quite remember what it said now but something along the lines of the sound you hear on doppler isnt actuall babys hb its the doppler copying babys hb and relaying on doppler, that may be wrong how i have put it so dont take my word for it, as cant fully remember, maybe mention it to midwife see what she says, i stopped using doppler now, but when i did use it i tryed to just listen to hb and not read into it to much because we dont no whats normal and whats not, the midwife listened and said sounds fine so thatl do me!x

Thanks, i have a recording of it so will show mw on next visit.

Baby is very active so could be that...but the sound didn't fade? Also i had her heart examined intently last week due to her condition but found it perfect :/

If they examined her heart and it was perfect i really wouldnt worry just mention it on next midwife, could be baby moving any slight movement with doppler or baby could of done itx

Thanks i will defiantly mention it i think just in case. thanks x

Hi, I've had this a few times and to be honest stopped using the Doppler as I didn't like hearing it slow down. Apparently it's very normal and they expect to hear variations in the heartbeat. Also, it can just be the baby moving and it sounds like its slowing but it's just not picking every beat up x

Hi, I've had this a few times and to be honest stopped using the Doppler as I didn't like hearing it slow down. Apparently it's very normal and they expect to hear variations in the heartbeat. Also, it can just be the baby moving and it sounds like its slowing but it's just not picking every beat up x

I agree with all said above, well put vicki!!! Best to stop using it when i heard it it made me worry so i stopped!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back