Eeeep!! Heard the babys heart beat!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by FirstBabyEek, Jan 3, 2012.

1. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Well, at least I think I have. I have a Doppler and have been trying to listen to the baby's heart beat recently, well every few days since I turned 10 weeks as the model I have says it can pick it up from then.

Anyway, I'd got quite proficient at finding my own :) :wall2: until finally last night I found the baby's eeeeeee! It was much lower down than I expected, which would explain why I'd been missing it. It was quite faint at first.

But its been a reassurance, fx crossed its a good sign and everything will be ok at my 12 week scan next wednesday :dance:

Sorry, this is a bit of a pointless tread but just wanted to share my excitement. I'll try and work out how to load it on here, but the file isnt recognised.

xx

2. Naomi D

Naomi D Well-Known Member

Thats so exciting! I'm looking at dopplers on ebay but theres so many different ones - which model do you have?

3. mrswarner87

mrswarner87 Well-Known Member

i did have a really good doppler but i stupidly lent it to 2 friends during their pregnancy and 1 of them lost the charger... bugger.

anyway congratulations for finding the hb. i bet u will be inviting everybody to hear it lol, even the postman wont get away lol xxxx

4. mrswarner87

mrswarner87 Well-Known Member

i did have a really good doppler but i stupidly lent it to 2 friends during their pregnancy and 1 of them lost the charger... bugger.

anyway congratulations for finding the hb. i bet u will be inviting everybody to hear it lol, even the postman wont get away lol xxxx

5. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Ha ha! I reckon I'll be showing everyone! I recorded it on my phone and have already emailed it to my family :)

I've borrowed my sister in laws and its the Hi-Bebe BT200. I bought some ultrasound gel from amazon for £1.99, although I've read that moisturising cream works just as well. I wasnt expecting to hear it as I've read it can be really difficult to hear before 15 weeks.

It kind of makes it all seem a bit more real, apart from my expanding bloated belly :) I must admit I cried when I found it, partly relief, mostly happiness and slightly scared about it all still.

Its a good feeling though. Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

6. beckyboo1

beckyboo1 Well-Known Member

I got the angel sounds one off amazon - was only about £20 i think

And i couldn't believe how low the heartbeat is - i didn;t listen for it until 16 weeks ~(after midwife had found it so i knew what to listen for!!), but i remeber it was really low, just above pubic bone

and now its by my tummy button!!!

7. vixxie77

vixxie77 Well-Known Member

It's amazing! Can't wait to get my doppler out again :D had all my family listening in with DD :) x x

8. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

fab feeling x

9. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

aww lovely hun :) i want one but we are saving so dunno what to do mmmmmm

10. Star33

Star33 Well-Known Member

I have a doppler & i didnt use mine with my last babies till i was about 10wks & it took me ages to find it at first & at first i was picking up my own hb. However i got to listen to my little ones hb on ultrasound scan yesterday, it was so exciting & sounded like a fast little choo choo train hehehe. I just cant wait till i can get my own doppler out & have ago of listening to it myself! however they can become addictive! they say to use it onec a week but as if thats gonna be easy, i will have dh hiding it lol. :)