Diluted juice??

pilkers

Reaction score
My HV has suggested that I give Evie some very very very diluted juice as she won't take plain boiled water and apparently she should be having some everyday with her formula being thick (C&G comfort)

has anybody else done this? and how should it be diluted...what ratio?

thanks

I have just started Glenn on some really, really diluted juice, i put about 4 oz water and just put in enough juice in to colour the water i would say about a quarter of an ounce something like that, he isnt keen on the orange cordial but loves summer fruits, we get robinsons no added sugar ones.x

My concern is that Evie is only 2 months old though

pilkers said:
My concern is that Evie is only 2 months old though

Just my personal opinion, but I definitely WOULD NOT give a 2 month old anything but milk or on a hot day, cool boiled water - she just can't digest it yet. I think your HV has a screw loose for suggesting this. I would stick to c/b water and just persevere.

I don't give my DD juice yet (and don't have any plans to anytime soon), but if I did, I would give her 100% pure fruit juice (not citrus) diluted 1/10 or something similar. I definitely wouldn't give diluting juice.

Robinson's Fruit Shoots and no added sugar squashes certainly look as if they're full of healthy fruit juice, but they actually only contain around 10% juice. They also include preservatives that are thought to cause hyperactivity in some children (Sodium Benzoate) and artificial sweeteners.

..taken from here.

Valentine Xxx

I'd agree with Valentine on this one, I think 2 months old is far too young to be giving anything other than milk or water. I don't give Dylan any juice either and don't intend to for a while

I'm with the other girls, My LO is 7 months and drinks nothing but water and milk - 2 months is defintely too young in my opinion. If your uncomfortable with it, then go with your instinct.

thanks everyone... I'm not gonna give her any. I'll just persist with trying the c/b water. It's hard when these people are the ones you're supposed to trust to give you good advice... good job I have the forum!

Valentine...you're right one of the HV's I see does have a screw loose. Evie had a blue tinge above her lip once and she told me not to worry about it but a few days later she told me she'd worried about it over the weekend as it could have indicated a heart defect...luckily that wasn't the case...she gets it when she has trapped wind but I was well pee'd off that she hadn't done anything about it and then proceeded to scare me half to death over nothing :shock:

I have heard bad things about sodiun benzoate. Will look it up. Also aspartame is a nasty additive. It's a sweetner so found in almost everything and is in robinson's squash.

When my DS was 1 month old and went 9 days without doing a poo, my h/v recommended 5mls fresh orange juice per 100 mls cooled boiled water, so the natural sugar had a laxative effect. This dilution was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back