Formula advice

gems

Reaction score
Hi Ladies I am currently using sma gold formula and its making my LO really constipated. She seems to always be constipated and also is very colicky (have been using colief to help this a bit and has helped a bit) Have spoke to my HV about changing her milk and she said not to that shes fine on sma just to give cooled boiled water or to add a teaspoon of prune juice to the water but I am having a really hard time to get her to take the water or juice and I've found that as soon as shes not constipated she gets it again a couple of days later. So have decided to change to a different formula even tho HV says not to. Just wondering if theres anyone who has had a similar problem and what brand you found helped? xxxxxx

Nathan was on cow and gate number 1 and then 2 and he was really constipated. He was the same he wouldn't take any water at all and he would go like 6 days without having a poo. I never tried another brand though and the GP gave us some lactulose and that was the only thing that worked. He stayed like that till I weaned him at 6 months and hes been fine ever since.

Maddison was on SMA Gold and was really constipated so we changed her to Cow & Gate Premium and she doesnt get constipated anymore :D

Stuff the HV, I'd get her changed over to a formula that agreed with her tum!

Kina said:
Stuff the HV, I'd get her changed over to a formula that agreed with her tum!

agreed!!! feed her something that doesn't upset her so much....also give her belly a good rub...don't be too gentle either...lil miss gets the most terrible trapped wind, and a good tummy rub helps move things along.... :)

I am giving Adam SMA. We started with the Gold and moved to the White without any problems.

We thought Adam was a bit sicky with the SMA, so we changed to C & G but it gave him the runs. So ended back on the SMA.

I agree, you are mummy and you know what is best for your lo, so do what you feel is best for her. Don't feel bullied into doing something you are not happy with and if you want to change her milk, then give it a try. :hug:

Snuggle said:
Maddison was on SMA Gold and was really constipated so we changed her to Cow & Gate Premium and she doesnt get constipated anymore :D

as above :dance:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back