Difficult position

Lau's

Reaction score
My MIL died 2 years ago and OH is determined to have her name as our bubbas middle name....Linda.

Now no offence to any Lindas but it wouldnt of been my first choice for a middle name.

We have a list of 4 names we like and i just cant imagine Linda with any of them.... HELP!

Lucy
Charlotte
Amelia
Sofia

What do you gals think, how could we make this work?:wall2:

Love your names! I don't think Linda sounds perfect with any of them either though... Did she have a nice middle name you could use instead? Or some variation of Linda...even just something beginning with L, as the thought is still there and you would be choosing it because of her x

Could you add another middle name for example Charlotte Elizabeth Linda? Not saying that goes, but you get the idea? :lol:

I suggested that idea of having 2 middle names but didnt go down well...Argh! Our poor child!

What about finding a name which is similar to Linda or playing around with the spelling a bit to make it into something more attractive to you? http://www.behindthename.com/php/related.php?name=linda

It means either 'beautiful' or 'soft, tender' so you could also look for other names which mean the same thing and come up with something that way.

Good luck.

to be honest, the middle name is not that importand as the first name what it sounds like. My Noa will have 2 middle names- my dads and his dads, none of them is easy to prounaunce for english ppl, and it will be long and a mouthful but i dont care, we are giving Noa a name that means something to us x

Noa Bengt Ansumani Sahore

Last edited:
has the mil got middle names u could use?? my codies name is codie piper anne hall codie after her other nan and anne after my mum, but my mums name is valarie and i dnt like that so i used her middle name instead :)

Did anyone every call her Lyn?

Because actually that goes really well with most of your choices.

I like Sofia Lyn the best, but Amelia Lyn sounds lovely too. If you say it out loud it flows very well and actually sounds really pretty.

I have to agree that Lynda not so much with the good sound!

Thanks gals, i will put these ideas forward:)

I agree with Star fish, I was thinking Lucy Lin sounds lovely as I ready down the posts! brings it just a little more upto date but yet still the MIL's name.

Def shorten it to Lin, those names sound nice then! My MIL is a Linda too, but she wanted us to get HER mums name in there somewhere - Winifred - but we had a boy :)

Def shorten it to Lin, those names sound nice then! My MIL is a Linda too, but she wanted us to get HER mums name in there somewhere - Winifred - but we had a boy :)

Wouldn't Fred be short for Winifred? I know a girl called Winifred and we call her Freddie. Fredrick for a middle name in honour?

BTW how do you pronounce your babies name? Phoenetically i mean? It looks lovely writen down.

I dunno, i'm kind of on the other side of the fence.

Middle names go on the birth certificate, go on the wedding certificate and go on the death certificate and are never referred to at any point in between.

Your OH's mother died and will never get to meet her grandchild and i can understand why it means a lot to your OH to use the name.

I think your child will appreciate her middle name more if it has a meaning - "Why is my middle name Linda mummy? "Well your daddy's mummy died and we loved her very much and gave you her name"... it makes me well up just thinking about it :cry:

I think Louise has a very valid point here.

And another valid point that probably should be made is that names go in and out of fashion. Just because we dont really like Linda right now doesnt mean that in ten years time it isnt going to be the coolest name on the block. They always come back around. You might be giving her a name that makes her ahead of the trend!

Who would have thought 15 years ago when Alf Garnet was the height of political incorrectness that right now Alfie would be in the top ten names. But we all love it now!

Liking your perspective ladies, thank you. I know i do need to remember the meaning behind it...:blush:

And talking of meanings, I looked it up and Linda means 'beautiful'

I say go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back