• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Different subject sorry - has anyone got a MySpace page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she goes on about Panic at the Disco, I had no idea what she was on about!!!! My step daughter that is (age 15) xxxxx

becks-334 said:
wannabe emos to me are the people who all of a sudden start to like the bands as follows:

My Chemical Romance
Taking Back Sunday
Funeral for a friend
Alkaline Trio
Hawthorne Heights
Jimmy Eat World
Aiden
Panic At the disco
(that are all gay bands mostly)

Because its the "scene" or whatever even though these bands have been around 4 ages and they think their cool etc on their myspaces who has the most pic comments and friends and the bitch about how bad their lifes are etc they really do my head in

i like a few of those bands tho and im not a wanna be :?

altho, looking at that list again, i only like

Panic At the disco, Alkaline Trio and MCR.

the rest are pretty poo :D

xx

Ah Layla, give it up stop fighting the emo-ness inside you :wink:

I went to see Funeral for a Friend (couple of years back), they were supported by The Haunted who are a tad metal, not emo. Crikey I'm too old to be an emo.

Kim you crack me up - Rod Hull and Emo lol :lol:

I like Panic at the disco and think it's a really childish attitude to have calling everyone wannabes. Why do people have to be wannabes because they like a band? I like everything from Opeth to Britney Spears, I must be a wannabe everything! :lol:

do u do stuid poses in pics
camplain about how ur life sucks?
wear mcr hoodys
have ur hair died jet black have ur hair over one eye
all of a sudden wear nothing but converse

its all these things that mount up to make a wannabe i'm not saying just because they like a band they are its the whole emo package
which mainly involves myspace because ur not "cool" if you dont have myspace

Iv never heard of an EMO! and never heard of any of those bands :?
so is it not like a mosher then?

lol no emos dont mosh they are too scared to get hurt
but i would say theres an age group to this label 13-19 thats all really

becks-334 said:
wear mcr hoodys

its all these things that mount up to make a wannabe i'm not saying just because they like a band they are its the whole emo package

ok, dont take this wrong, im not picking a fight, just want to clear something up..

from your list, you do two of those things, so whats makes you better than the "wannabes"?

xx

layla said:
becks-334 said:
wear mcr hoodys

ok, dont take this wrong, im not picking a fight, just want to clear something up..

from your list, you do two of those things, so whats makes you better than the "wannabes"?

xx

I was thinking the same thing! So actual emo's don't do any of those things? I was under the impression if you did those you were actually emo not an emo wannabe! People can act or say what they like, as long as they don't hurt anyone I don't care! I just think it's pointless labelling people as wannabes all the time, everyone is a "wannabe" something and no one acts or dresses individually.

ok me bein thick there, but how do moshas hurt themselves? god Im so clueless , still not sure what an emo is lol

I agree with you strangeness we shouldnt label people we are free to be what we want how we want.

real emos dont intend to be emo they just are
but emo wannabes are doing it mainly because its the cool thing to be doing at the moment it will be something else soon
i'm not an emo at all or a wannabe i despise it all grrrr
moshers dont want 2 get hurt lol its just they dont care when going into a mosh pit the just go crazy where as emos do this whole silly windmilling thing lol

becks-334 said:
real emos dont intend to be emo they just are

i'm not an emo at all or a wannabe i despise it all grrrr

but you are!!! lol

i could take this topic and run with it, but i think its best if i stop, im very stubbon to let it go so i would be here for the next 20 years lol

xx

Right I am really confused now :? Are you an emo Becks because to be honest when I saw your pics I thought you were, and after looking at your blokes myspace I thought he was to as he had the tats and black hair etc. I personally don't have an issue with emos, its just a way of listening to music and dressing. Not my cup of tea but thats me. When I was 15-18 the grunge scene was massive and I was part of that. There were loads of people who wore the lovely checked shirts, doc martins etc but the only people that we looked down on were those who bought the designer grunge clothes as they were only dressing the part, they never listened to the music etc. I personally love it when its cool to be into metal and rock etc as that means it gets played more, and more bands get signed up etc.

beanie said:
Right I am really confused now :? Are you an emo Becks because to be honest when I saw your pics I thought you were, and after looking at your blokes myspace I thought he was to as he had the tats and black hair etc.

I personally love it when its cool to be into metal and rock etc as that means it gets played more, and more bands get signed up etc.

I think she is hehe,

I agree about the bands being signed, just as long as they dont become sell outs like greenday did

xxx

I'm confused too. I've read the posts, and looked at Beck's OH' myspace, and to me i would say yes he is emo! I didn't know there were such things as 'wannabe' and 'actual' emo status - surely everyone can be as they want!

So Becks if you hate emo so much, why do you have an emo boyfriend and take emo pictures with him?

Not meaning to start a tiff or anything! Just slightly muddled like lots of other readers!

Izzyx

layla said:
beanie said:
Right I am really confused now :? Are you an emo Becks because to be honest when I saw your pics I thought you were, and after looking at your blokes myspace I thought he was to as he had the tats and black hair etc.

I personally love it when its cool to be into metal and rock etc as that means it gets played more, and more bands get signed up etc.

I think she is hehe,

I agree about the bands being signed, just as long as they dont become sell outs like greenday did

xxx
all those bands in the list i wrote have become sell outs like green day thats why its so annoying those bands have been around for years and just like with green day you get things like "Omgzzz have u heard that funerals for a friends 1st album" and ur like err they've been around for years juat because its the new scene people want to be into them just because it is apparantly cool to.
also with the misfits shirt i go to this local pub that used to be so cool but you get the lil 14 year olds hanging outside now and they all wear it half of them dont even know its a band grr lol
I just wondered what happened to appreciating music and talent.
People who geniunly like the bands fair do's, the people who annoy me are the people

who suddenly are the bigget fans when they know 1 song
wear all band tees and dont even know whp they are
only like a band cos the lead singer is "fit" (mcr, patd, tbs, ffaf)

Basically we should start our own emo band here i'll be backing vocals!!!

p.s. my bf was 17 then we're 19 now :)

lol everyones babies can be taught to dance and u could dress them up as lil emos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back