Difference between BH and actual in labour contractions

Hunnie

Reaction score
MW mentioned today if id just been having Braxton hicks or actual contractions? I told her I wasn't sure because I have no idea what the actual difference is?

Can any ladies help in describing the difference :) or are they pretty similar? X

Contractions really hurt lol and they start at the top and work down that's what mw said to me

Can't speak from experience, but I've heard that BH are just very random and can stop anytime, whereas proper ones have a noticable pattern that you can time

^^^ WSS. My midwife said - when they are regular and for a prolonged period of time. Some people say braxton hicks are painless - but that is most definitely NOT true. xxx

I had sore bh so agree they can be painful but my real contractions were ummm omg lol

I get quite long pains which are uncomfortable and hurt but not unbearable and are mainly around the bottom of bump so I'm presuming they are just BH. I just worry that when actual labour contractions come on I'm not going to have a clue and forgot to time them lol

I get quite long pains which are uncomfortable and hurt but not unbearable and are mainly around the bottom of bump so I'm presuming they are just BH. I just worry that when actual labour contractions come on I'm not going to have a clue and forgot to time them lol

I reckon you'll not be able to miss the proper ones. Because they won't just go away, they'll be continuous throughout the day, probably getting stronger and more frequent

My BH could be sore at times and I sometimes felt worried incase I'd not know when it really was labour but it's true what they say.. you'll know xx

I agree about what's been said about BH being quite irregular but when my contractions started they were intense and regular from the start.

Good luck - really not long now xx

I think that as well - that i'll not realise im in early labour cos im so used to BH being pretty painful. lol

xxx

U will trust me lol the mw was saying they were bh etc when I was being induced but I knew they weren't and i was right

BTW - Laura - you need to change ur ticker!! lol - you still have a baby countdown - you need an age one for that lovely wee boy!! lol

I have no advice for this post but saw it and always wondered the same :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back