• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

diet whist ttc/preg

dina.marie

Reaction score
i just posted in the weight loss sticky but it doesnt look that active in there. so long as its not a drastic crash diet do u think its ok to lose weight when ttc/preg? i just feel so down about myself having put on nearly 4 stone in a year and half (was underweight before anyway due to eating disorder)

would eating lots of fruit and veg and healthy stuff rather than takeaways and rubbish surely be a good thing so long as not drastically cutting calories?

having a baby is more important than losing weight to me but i just feel really low about myself :(

yes! i run a small weight loss site and there are 2 of us losing weight to ttc as long as it's not a silly diet and just counting calories it's fine, and recommended if youre overweight.

I havnt really admitted this to anyone before but years ago we tried ttc but never a hint of a bfp, I lost 5 stone and there we got lucky first time. I really think weight has a lot to do with it, even though my af was as regualr as it is now, i think added weight is a hinderance, plus adds complications and risks to pregnancy.

if you are asking me, i would say try to lose what you can sensibly. I'll support you :hug:

I want to lose right now a stone and 3.2 lbs buy middle of october.

thanks hollyhobby. all the books ive read have said do not try to lose weight but its reassuring to hear that its ok so long as its done sensibly. thanks for the support. what site is it? :hug:

I'll pm you it :wink: :wink:

when they say diet they mean following a specific diet plan, like cabbage soup or some other fad diet - sensible eating is the way to go.

I'm trying to diet at the moment, starting my new job recently has meant i've lost 6 lb in 3 weeks without trying, and this has spurred me on to try and lose my excess weight i've put on over the last 2 years (all 4 stone of it!) :shock: :shock:

We are throwing all of our Rubbish out tomorrow and trying to go on a Health Kick, I really really want to stick to it because I too am very down about things at the mo, and my weight being a major one of them :(

Hi Guys,

I know exactly how you feel. I lost about 5 stone by about feb last year and now I've put it all back on (and then some). I am so worried about putting on too much weight whilst pregnant and dreading my size meaning I have to give up work early (I really can't afford it). Obviously the babies health is the most important thing and giving myself the best shot at a healthy baby is what I am trying to focus on.

My plan is to try and eat healthy now before I get my bfp and then try and monitor my weight gain quite closely if i@m lucky enough to cath the egg.

I've brought a book off amazon which has some good reviews with some recommended healthy eating plans and guides for pregnancy weight gain if you're already overweight.

The most important thing is to eat the best food possible to give your baby all the nutriants they need and that is going to be my focus and motivation.

Lisa

I'm doing Slimming World atm as I'm 4st overweight and my bmi is 32.
They say anyone with a bmi over 30 may have trouble conceiving so I don't see why losing weight, as long as it's sensibly, would do anything but help when ttc.

glAd im not the only one that feels like this. my bmi is 27 i think. my weight has always fluctuated but this is the heaviest i have ever been. i want to be a yummy mummy not a fatty mummy.

gosh i think my BMI is like 36 or something last time i looked :oops: :oops: I'm only 21 :oops:

2 years ago I weighed under 9 stone, what happened :oops:

I recently lost 3 stone whilst waiting to try as I heard the changes of conceiving with a bmi Over 30 are greatly reduced. Mybmi is down to 28 but still want to lose another 2 stone which will get me down to bmi 25.
My main reason for losing weightis so when I do get my bfp I will be healthy for my baby.

Hope you get your bfp soon x

Ooo I just worked out my BMI is 32.5!

Diet Starts tomorrow!

Think I need to make a thread for encouragment for me lol!

i read the most fertile bmi's are between 25 and 30 which is the overweight section so i wouldnt try and get too slim ladies!!
Losing weight also helps with ovulating too, alot of people who didnt ovulate lost weight and then started getting proper periods, so i cant see one good reason not to try and lose some lbs.

let's all try our best :hug:

healthy lifestyle and diet is always a good thing they only don't recommend crash diets etc when ttc and pg

good luck. :hug:

KittyMom said:
Think I need to make a thread for encouragment for me lol!
sounds like a great idea!!! im glad i mentionned this now, looks like we;ve got lots of support ladies. yeh lets do it :)

i just posted in the weight loss sticky but it doesnt look that active in there. so long as its not a drastic crash diet do u think its ok to lose weight when ttc/preg? i just feel so down about myself having put on nearly 4 stone in a year and half (was underweight before anyway due to eating disorder)

would eating lots of fruit and veg and healthy stuff rather than takeaways and rubbish surely be a good thing so long as not drastically cutting calories?

having a baby is more important than losing weight to me but i just feel really low about myself :(

yes! i run a small weight loss site and there are 2 of us losing weight to ttc as long as it's not a silly diet and just counting calories it's fine, and recommended if youre overweight.

I havnt really admitted this to anyone before but years ago we tried ttc but never a hint of a bfp, I lost 5 stone and there we got lucky first time. I really think weight has a lot to do with it, even though my af was as regualr as it is now, i think added weight is a hinderance, plus adds complications and risks to pregnancy.

if you are asking me, i would say try to lose what you can sensibly. I'll support you :hug:

I want to lose right now a stone and 3.2 lbs buy middle of october.

thanks hollyhobby. all the books ive read have said do not try to lose weight but its reassuring to hear that its ok so long as its done sensibly. thanks for the support. what site is it? :hug:

I'll pm you it :wink: :wink:

when they say diet they mean following a specific diet plan, like cabbage soup or some other fad diet - sensible eating is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back