Have you changed your diet?

Helen

Reaction score
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had changed their diets at all while TTC...cut stuff out or added something in.

I read somewhere yesterday about cutting down on caffeine. I don't drink coffee or coke, but (typical Brit) drink loads of tea. I had a rough count up and I probably drink 6 or 7 cups a day. I'm not really clued up on the caffeine content of tea bags, but wondered what others were doing. Should I be cutting down to improve my chances or is tea low enough caffeine not to count?

Other than that, I reckon we have a pretty healthy diet. Loads of veg and home cooked meals, nothing processed. I've cut back on the booze and I've been stuffing the folic acid down.

Has anyone heard of a diet change that worked?

Thanks for any thoughts....

Hi Helen,
not actually read about a specific diet that works but I did read somewhere that there is an uncomfirmed link between caffeine and miscarriage so have stopped drinking coffee. I was drinking about 6 cups a day so now I just drink tea which I think is lower in caffeine. I also am stuffing the folic acid down.
The only time I drink coffee now is when I get yet another period and I sit with a huge, strong cup of coffee and usually a kingsize chocolate bar!
Baby dust to you
Sal
x

Hi Sal

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about having a coffee when you get a period, however in my case it's a gin!! :lol:

I've invested in some caffeine free teabags now and they are actually ok.

Baby dust to you

Helen

I also drink lots of tea - about 5-6 BIG mugs a day.........my midwife did tell me last time how much tea was classed as 'a lot' and I think she said more than 10 cups a day. Switching to de-caf is so easy though nowadays that you might as well. I did find though that when I gave up caffeine all together I had horrid headaches for a few days so be warned!!!!

Lots of love

Hi Kerry

May as well add headaches to my "symptoms to convince myself I'm pregnant when I not" list! :D

I saw your post on the first trimester board about early symptoms and read every word, this is THE most confusing time!

You did make me laugh then!!!

I do that every month!!!!

Lots of love

Hi Kerry

Just wanted to say, you were right about the headaches!! Ugh!

Caffeine can't be good for you can it?! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back