Diet Pepsi??

Water_Melon

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question, is diet pepsi/coke okay to drink?
I've read many mixed answers... Very confusing.
It dawned on me earlier because me and my OH have KFC for dinner, with a bottle of pepsi diet included.

Thanks in advanced :)

P.s I'm about 6/7 weeks if that's relevant.

I think its fine hun in moderation, it contains caffeine so you should limit your daily intake....plus it doesn't help with any trapped wind ;-)

Thanks. I don't drink coffee or tea, so hopefully one or two classes should be okay :)

Actually I think all fizzy drinks and oasis etc are dangerous as they contain aspartame, it's responsible for behavioural problems in kids. :)

Xx

Oooh, didn't know that about Oasis! Behavioural problems in kids? I'll definitely be staying away lol - thanks Maybe xxx

I drink the sugar and caffeine free version :)

Actually I think all fizzy drinks and oasis etc are dangerous as they contain aspartame, it's responsible for behavioural problems in kids. :)

Xx

Aspartame also can cause headaches and migraine, I was told to stay well clear of all drinks with aspartame in when I was having seizures and migraines when I was younger. Its probably worse for your health than sugar

There's 50mg of caffeine in a can of coke!!!

My midwife told me that if i drink coke then to change it to diet coke and limit my intake... other than that she said nothing about any other fizzy drinks!

I think its just best to avoid all fizzy drinks to be honest. Young children don't guzzle down pop!

I drank fizzy pop all the way through my pregnancy with AJ and no signs of behavioural problems in him. I was never told about this though then

There's another thread somewhere about this! I've been told its ok in moderation but I've chose to cut it out altogether and try to drink water instead xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My midwife has said not to drink flavoured water as it's got aspartame in it too so bottles water is the best option. :)

Xx

So only drink plain water then? I don't like tea or coffee so I drink peach volvic like its going out of fashion.
Don't think I could just drink plain water all day xx

I haven't heard that coke is bad.
I have gone off tea completely, and don't drink coke every day, maybe once a week.
But I drink lucozade sport, like a bottle of it every 2 days, its the only thing that stops me getting dizzy/weak spells.

To be honest, I'm more of the mindset that behavioral problems don't start in the womb, they start much after that.
If they were to do with what u ate/drank during pregnancy, Jo Frost would be out of a job!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi hun I had a long thread about this not long ago, midwife told me I shouldn't drink it but soooo many mixed opinions. I drink diet coke from lidl, own brand, I have sometimes 2 glasses a day and midwife never mentioned it again, baby heartbeat is strong and healthy.
I also don't drink tea or coffee, and this brand of coke is v low in caffine, as for aspartame, its in everything lol don't stress and enjoy it, as It caused me more harm worrying about it!! X

Hi hun I had a long thread about this not long ago, midwife told me I shouldn't drink it but soooo many mixed opinions. I drink diet coke from lidl, own brand, I have sometimes 2 glasses a day and midwife never mentioned it again, baby heartbeat is strong and healthy.
I also don't drink tea or coffee, and this brand of coke is v low in caffine, as for aspartame, its in everything lol don't stress and enjoy it, as It caused me more harm worrying about it!! X

i used to deink a small bottle of pepsi max a day but my mid wife told me not to because of the caffine in it ! - the list of things we can and cannot havejust keeps getting longer pretty soon it will be easier to give a list of things we can have as it will be shorter ! x

There was a thread like this when I was in tri 1 and it caused a massive debate. The one thing I remember though is that aspartame is in a lot of things, not just fizzy drinks, so if you really want to avoid it completely, you may need to look it up.

I drank caffeine free d coke at the beginning, but in tri 3, had a thing for dr pepper :roll:

Hope you girlies are doing well.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back