Did you know???

Yvonne

Reaction score
I am probably the only one who didn't realise this.

When you are due your period you get period pain, this is because the cervix has to open and dilate slightly to let the blood out of your womb

This is why they say you get period pain in early labour as your cervix begins to dilate!!

I didn't realise that, god knows where i thought your period came from then!! Lol. :lol:

Just a bit of useless information for you.

Wow yeah, I had no idea either! Ta for that!

+++

lol nope i didnt no that. didnt even no the expect period pains at begining of labour.... my waters broke i sat down for 2hrs with towl between my legs then wen i stood i had bad period pains!!!!!!
lol i didnt no wot to expect first time

Nope i didn't really think of what cause period pain either!

I read something interesting about contractions the other day though - apparantly with each contraction your uterus shrinks a little bit and this is what forces the baby out. I didn't realise that it was the uterus going back towards it's normal size that caused the pain of contractions! x

me and Jase were talking along these lines the other day.

what do you think staqrts labour, is it....

your body decideing its had enough?

or

the baby decideing its had enough?

we couldnt make up our minds on this one

I think your uterus is like a microwave and when the baby is done it starts to push it out :D hehe

I've read that scientists think the baby releases hormones when it is fully developed which kick start labour, but then i read that a membrane sweep is done so it seperates the cervix from the bag of water releasing prostaglandins and triggers contractions???????

I don't know :(

I think your uterus is like a microwave and when the baby is done it starts to push it out
lol, i'd piss myself laughing if we all did the "ping" like when a microwave is finished!!!

You're right Yvonne the baby releases a hormone when it's lungs are developed which kick starts the contractions. Don't know about prem babies though.

Yay i got something right!!! Lol

I know people who have had premature babies but that was because their cervix couldn't stay closed for the full gestation. Don't know about others.

great im sat hear with period pain and now all im thinking of is my cervix opening and dilated!!!! *faints*

lmao!!!

Hello

Wow that is wierd i never heard that before i guess we all have our periods but dont think about how they start??
Katrina :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back