Did you / Do you take your pregnancy notes out with you?

mine is a white a4 booklet, but it wouldnt be much good in an emergency as half the phone numbers on it dont exist anymore! (3 of the 4 contacts are for antenatal clinics and birth centres that have closed down :? ) last week i noticed they had put my date of birth completely wrong on it, and my partners ethnic origin also wrong...! They havent put any consultant details even though i found out this week i do have an assigned consultant at home (nobody told me that!) On the medical conditins page they have also ticked the boxes for EVERY medical condition under YES when the answer is NO!!!!!!! :shock:

I take it to midwife appointments but nowhere else

I take mine with me if Im going anywhere thats not within walking distance from home. I probably will take them out towards the end though. I always leave them in the same place at home too incase I need to send OH or someone to get them :)

I've been taking mine to work with me and to anywhere when I am not with OH (as he is currently the only one who really knows I'm pregnant). To be honest, I feel a bit foolish as if something happened to me, I am so early on that they wouldn't consider my LO to be viable. But I guess if I got in a car accident they would know not to do anything that may harm the baby. The thing is they are in a back pocket of my bag, would a paramedic really do a thorough search through my bag as I'm not showing and there is nothing really to indicate I might be pregnant? I'm pretty sure they would just think I was a bit podgy at the moment. :think:

i think after 36 weeks i'd take them only if i was staying out the nite or going far. wouldnt take them to sainsburys or anything! :lol: and never took them out before 36 weeks (unless i was on my way to a MW app)

This is interesting, I think I need to take mine out more with me. I'm terrible though I know I'll lose them, I;d rather leave them in the car as that's never far away!

after about 35 weeks i started to take mine everywhere just in case it was a pain in the bum though

mine were red.

I did near the end of my pregnancys, coz my mum made me take them :D

I only ever have them on me when I'm going to see the MW or hospital scan, I don't really consider my labour to happen that fast that I can't get home before baby arrives, I've never considered fainting and needing them :think: And with planning a homebirth, I need them at home anyway hehe

Strangeness said:
I never take mine with me and never did with my son. I went to gibraltar this pregnancy and never took them :oops:

My notes are white :lol:
sorry to be way off topic... did you like gibraltar??? im very jealous of you now lol

I don't take mine either - only to appointments.

I might put them in the car though - normally wherever I go the cars is too :lol:

oh i never thought of taking them with me incase i collapse or something, good idea!

I never take mine with me :shhh:

It does say on the front of mine that the mother should carry them with her at all times though.

I only take them to appointments. I hadn't thought about taking them with me all the time (and hadn't noticed that was written on them :oops: )

I don't think I'll carry them round if I'm in Aberdeen - OH can nip home and get them, I'd just lose them :D

But I will take them with me to Edinburgh if I remember. Thanks for pointing this out!!!

paradysso said:
Strangeness said:
I never take mine with me and never did with my son. I went to gibraltar this pregnancy and never took them :oops:

My notes are white :lol:
sorry to be way off topic... did you like gibraltar??? im very jealous of you now lol
lol, yeah it's great :D We only go cos my sister lives there so it's a cheap holiday but I wouldn't say it's an ideal holiday place especially if you have kids cos it's so small and nothing to do! A day trip is a good plan though if you ever stay in spain cos it's amazing to see! Apart from that it's mostly pubs. We got married there as well :D

WHAT?!

I take mine to anything pregnancy-related (midwife, antenatal etc) but nowhere else. I'd lose them if I did :shock:

Urchin said:
I saw my MW yesterday and mentioned that I finally found my notes after I'd lost them for a few weeks :oops:
In the conversation she mentioned that I need to carry them with me at all times, in case I collapse in Tescos or something they have a record of my pregnancy so far.

I never did this the last 2 times I was pregnant :oops:
What do you all do?

:oops: I did with my other 3 children but not this time good job with first as my waters went in street :rotfl: and we had no car then luckily a couple took us in and rang ambulance and let me use bathroom :D

marie x

I started carrying them at about 28 weeks cause I had to go to the hospital and a Midwife told me off when I didn't have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back