Carrying your pregnancy notes?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I know we are told to carry out pregnancy notes with us at all times, but mine are quite big and I'm wondering how other people carry theirs?
I bought a plastic folder to pop them in to stop them getting damaged in my bag, but it's still a bit too big to fit in my bag! Think I might just have to get a bigger handbag for the purpose of carrying my notes!
How does everyone else carry theirs?

I never carried mine BUT I completely forgot them when I was in labour!! Luckily labour was very quick so after charley was born OH rushed home to get them x.

I was told that too. Mine is like a big folder style.
Should we like carry them everywhere and anywhere? Like going to asda or across to visit people and stuff?
I must admit, mine is kept at home. I had been keeping them in my car so if I was out and about and anything happened I could grab them but I sold car a few weeks ago so just leave them at home now.

I haven't been bothering taking them everywhere with me until recently, when my midwife said you must take them with you because (god forbid) you should collapse in the street or get hit by a car or something, its important for the hospital to know how far along you are and all the other pregnancy info. x

Ive just started to take nine everywhere but I agree they do get in the way! Looks like uk be investing in a bigger hand bag lol x

I did / do take them everywhere both times, but only because the first time I found out I have GBS, so I needed the notes in case I went into labour early and forgot to tell them I need the IV for it. This time I'm just taking them with me everywhere so early because I'm hoping it'll get me into the habit for later on. My memory isn't the best :)

I've only just started taking mine everywhere (naughty me!), but I did use it as an excuse to buy a new bag that they would fit in! :)

xx

If i am out by myself then they are just in my bag. But if i am out with OH or someone i leave them in the car.

I bought a bag so it fits fine in there but they are in a bit of a state now..:shock: They were in the car for a while but got stood on loads by various people and now has a shoe print on it, so i left them on the coffe table in the living room and someone put a cup of coffee on it.. :whistle: so now it has a coffee ring stain. So a new bag was bought and in my notes went but now the book is all curled up into a tube shape..:lol: you can still read what it says though.

I bought a bag so it fits fine in there but they are in a bit of a state now..:shock: They were in the car for a while but got stood on loads by various people and now has a shoe print on it, so i left them on the coffe table in the living room and someone put a cup of coffee on it.. :whistle: so now it has a coffee ring stain. So a new bag was bought and in my notes went but now the book is all curled up into a tube shape..:lol: you can still read what it says though.

Mine have all sorts of marks all over them..I'm not even sure where half of them came from!

oh thats good, I'm glad there is someone else who notes look a bit of a state. Sometimes while I'm sitting in the waiitng roomat the midwifes, I can see other pregnant mums with they nice bonnie folders and notes that look brand new and think omg dont look at mine! lol.

Last edited:
Haha the front cover of mine is basically falling off aswell, I really dont know how they got like that though, its not as if ive been throwing them around or anything!

I havent even got any! Take it I'll get them in tri 3? Prob only carry them when I go away, don't even remember having any when I had my daughter but that was 14 years ago!

I only took mine out and about from 34 weeks. I was worried I'd loose them!

Luckily I work at home (Childminder) so mine sit in a draw all week. I don't drive and there are no buses where we live so if I go anywhere i'm in someones car and I just leave them in the car until we get home again. I keep mine in the white bounty folder the MW gave me at my booking in app :) x

I don't bother carrying mine around. I work from home and when I'm out and about I'm usually with my husband or someone who knows I'm pregnant anyway so I really don't see the need.

I might start carrying them with me once I get to 28-30 weeks or so, in case I go into premature labour or something.

I havent even got any! Take it I'll get them in tri 3? Prob only carry them when I go away, don't even remember having any when I had my daughter but that was 14 years ago!

I think you are supposed to get them at your 12 week scan? your midwife will have filled them out in your booking in appt at 8 weeks then she will have sent them off to the hospital so they can update their system etc so they are usually ready for you to have back by your 12 week scan, as I had a private scan at 12 weeks (our nhs doesnt do nuchal transclucency) I got mine when I was 13 weeks as I was in the antenatal clinic for a consultant appt. I would have thought if you havent been given them by now I would chase with your midwife as your supposed to bring them to every appt (total pain!!!)

I have a fairly big bag so they fit in there and I carry them everywhere I have my handbag, I put my notes in a plastic wallet thingy to keep them from getting all tatty (hasnt worked!!!) and I still have to fold them in half to fit them in my bag, there is literally only room for my wallet and my phone it is such a pain in the a$$!!!!

oops i dont carry mine everywhere i go dont think i could fit them in my bag.
I got my notes at my booking in appointment if you havent got them i would ask why hun.

I only take mine out when I've got an appointment with my MW or consultant. Maybe I should start carrying them in my bag as I've only got a couple of weeks left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back