Did anyone have a c section due to breech?

LauraKC

Reaction score
I went into premature labour at 36 weeks. After 7 hours of labour when i was 7cm dialated the MW discovered the baby was breech so i had to have an emergency c section. I am quite dissapointed about this and was wondering if anyone knew the chances of me havign a vaginal delivery next time. Once youve had a breech baby is it likley to breech next time as well?
Many thanks

Congratulations Laura.
I had a secton first time round due to my daughter being breech.(That was 8 years ago)
Gave birth 2 1/2 weeks ago to my second daughter NORMALLY :D
She was in the correct position from quite early on.
So i dont think you neccesarily have to think that any future pregnancies will be breech.

All the best to your little family

Katrina
xxxxxx

thats nice to know don't really want to go through another section myself :clap:

Hey ladies :wave:

I had a c section first time due to a number of reasons, twins, pre eclampisa and one was breech and one was transverse.

I was concerned that he was going to be breech too but so far so good,head down!

I see my consultant again in 2 weeks to discuss my final choice for delivery.

As I've had a previous c section,i get the choice as to which way I want to do it.

I am hoping to go for a VBAC...vaginal birth after ceaserean.

I have been told this will only be an attempt but I have 70% chance of success, fingers crossed for me ladies and will keep you posted :hug:

i was told that sometimes your uterus is shaped so the baby fits bettter breech but i dont think one breech means the rest will be breech. i guess if you do have a uterus that is this shape it might make the chances a bit higher...

I think that if you have one breech it doesn't mean another will be breech. My bil's girlfriend had her first baby vaginally but her second baby was breech so she had a c section. Think it just depends on each pregnancy!

Right ladies hello !!! :wave: :wave:

I feel the need to reply here, lol

29 nov 2004 i had elective caesarean for a breech baby, he was breech from 30 weeks, the mw left it too late to refer me for the proper treatments to turn him, anyway had the caesarean becuase of breech presentation and low amniotic fluid levels, it was aparently much safer.

May 2005 - i mc my angel

Aug 2005 I got preg !!

I worried thru preg, was beein bullied into a elective c section - i was firm and i said no and i stuck to it :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

June 2006 i had a HOME BIRTH AFTER CAESAREAN

It can be done, they do say that if u have a caesarean the best way is breech baby - because breech is the baby - its not a problem with you, therfor 2nd 3rd 4th pregnancies obviously are not the same baby therfor higher chance of a natural delivery !!!

yayyyyy

If u want any other questions answered im ur lass - lol xx

good luck

btw
pics
aftajameswasborn-pregform-2.jpg
thats the home birth :)

yep i had a section because madi was breech :) and i had pre eclamsea(sp?)

it was a good tho cause if i didnt madi would of died :cry:

my sister in law had a section coz baby was breech. They did try and turn the baby first but it was unsuccessful so a section was the only option.

thanks ladies for all your replies. i feel a lot more positive about my future pregnancies now!!
Laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back